𝐮𝐧𝐨

"Number 15 throws to Bokuto, he's making a run for it-! AND THE CROWD GOES WIIILD!! TOUCHDOOOOWN!!"

Bokuto and his team threw their helmets to the ground as they screamed and cheered. They hit their fist to their chest as the rest of the school joined them to cheer for Bokuto on the field. Somebody threw their arms around Bokuto's neck and he hugged them like he knew who they were. They pulled away and the person who hugged him... was a boy. But, he was faceless.

The boy's lips moved but Bokuto didn't know what he said. They leaned closer to each other and that's when Bokuto jolted awake, sitting up in a panic and breathing heavily. "What the fuck was that? And why were they in my dream? I don't even know who that was."

-

THURSDAY

The next day at morning football practice, Bokuto went up to number 15, his best friend, Tetsuro Kuroo. "Hey, Bokuto, what's up? You look like shit."

Bokuto glared and set his bag down on the bench. "Damn, I didn't notice." Kuroo snorted and they dapped each other up. "But, I had a weird dream last night."

"Ooh, was she hot?"

"I wish that's what it was. I had a dream about a... boy."

"Football dream?"

"Yes, but also, no. It was a football dream, but it wasn't just about football. Like, we won the state championship, and there was this faceless boy that ran up and hugged me and I hugged back like I knew who he was. Then, right before I woke up, we almost.. kissed."

"Dude," Kuroo started, changing into his jersey, "that sounds a little homoerotic. Even for you. And we're football boys."

"Exactly. Which is why I find this dream so weird. I act hella sus with our friends but I've never had a dream about them. Or even you. And I act the most fruity with you."

Kuroo closed his locker and Bokuto did the same. He turned to Bokuto and put a hand on his shoulder. "Looks like this mysterious dude is--" Kuroo moved his hand under Bokuto's chin and slightly lifted it up-- "the boy of your dreams."

"Shut up, dude," Bokuto laughed, shoving Kuroo away as he laughed too. Kuroo put his arm around Bokuto's shoulder and they followed the rest of the team outside to the field.

...

After practice, the football team came back to their locker room to get ready for a shower. "What's your first class?" Kuroo asked, taking off his shirt and tossing it in the locker.

"Science. There's this stupid project I saw on Skyvas (totally made that up) that we're gonna have to do today. Whoever I get partnered with, I'll just have them do it. What about you?"

"AP chemistry. We have a test today and I really don't wanna do it."

"Way to flex your smartness," Bokuto said, nudging Kuroo's shoulder.

"It's just one AP class, calm down. I'm not Albert Einstein, you know." Bokuto rolled his eyes and took his shirt off, throwing it in his locker. He was about to take off his compression sleeves on his legs before Kuroo stopped him. "Wait, I wanna see that gap."