Brought Together

When Emma opens her eyes, she expects to see her usual room or how normal it would look when she's working on a ship. She imagines a cabin with white walls, a tiny bed just big enough for her, and a lovely desk and wardrobe made of matching wood. Instead, she finds herself in an unfamiliar room and lying on the floor. When she sits up, she realises she isn't alone. 

Her younger self, who looks around twelve or thirteen, is also there. That version of Emma is from before she found out about the Titanic. She is happy and everything older Emma wishes she could be. Lying with Younger Emma are the other queens, Catalina, Anne, Jane, Anna, and Kitty. Emma always misses her friends when she feels the sea beckoning to her, but she can't ignore that calling. Besides, she always sees them when she returns home. 

Emma continues looking around the room and spots more familiar faces. Her parents are curled up on the sofa together, making Emma smile. She rarely sees her parents interact so intimately, and Emma would never stop them. At least, she wouldn't stop them intentionally. Her adopted brother, Luke, and their friends, Maria and Clyde, are nearby. Emma recognises Rani, too. Her younger self hasn't met her yet. Well, now will be an excellent time for introductions. 

Focusing her gaze on the other side of the room, Emma almost stops breathing. 

The Titanic officers are also present.  

Emma scoots closer to them and sits next to her husband. It's been so long since she's seen him alive. She's missed him so much and is thankful that she gets more time with him. But how much time is more? How long do they have left before they return to their everyday lives? How long until—

Emma stops that thought before it goes too far. Maybe they won't have to go back to their everyday lives. As the others wake up, she looks around the room. There is a massive TV, something she hadn't noticed before. Well, that will confuse the officers when they wake up. Besides the many seats and sofas dotted around the room, it seems like an ordinary living room. It reminds her of the one back at home. It's been so long since she's been there. 

Everyone wakes up, and Emma settles herself in for a lot of confusion and exciting conversations. 

The first person to wake up is Emma's younger self. "What's going on?" She asks, looking at her older self, then at her friends and family. She doesn't seem to take any interest in the Titanic officers. 
"I don't know," older Emma replies, looking around. Younger Emma busies herself with her family and friends, while Older Emma focuses on the officers and Rani. 
"Where are we?" Rani asks. "Who are you?" Oh, dear. It's at a point where Rani doesn't recognise Emma. Older Emma moves away and returns her attention to the Titanic officers. 

"What on Earth is that?" James asks, pointing at the TV. 
"It's a TV," older Emma says. "You can watch things on it, but you need a remote to turn it on."
"A what now?"
Emma hunts for the remote. She looks under cushions and even under the coffee tables. 
"What are you looking for?" Anne asks. 
"The remote. I want to show the officers how the TV works." 
"Well, I didn't find a remote, but I did find something else." Anne holds out a piece of paper. Emma takes it from her and reads it. 

Hello everyone, 

You don't know me, but I know a lot about you. My name is Cerise, and I'm going to introduce you to a fantastic musical, Six. 

'Oh, our idea for a girl band became a musical!' Anne cries, reading over Emma's shoulder. 'That's awesome!' 

There are two versions of the musical, one set after Henry VIII's death and another set a few hundred years later. 

"Shouldn't it be Henrat?"
"Maybe this Cerise doesn't know we call Henrat that." 
"Fair enough."
"Can someone please explain what is going on?" Captain Smith asks. Emma tries to explain as best as possible, but she doesn't know everything. She continues reading on. 

Enjoy!
CeriseHood5050

"That wasn't useful!" Anne cries, snatching the paper out of Emma's hand. 
"Well, at least we know why we're here and who sent us." The TV turns on, showing a stage covered by a purple curtain. Everyone begins to settle down. 
"Wait, it is in colour?" Henry asks. 
"Yes, colour TV was introduced to the UK in roughly 1970." Everyone falls silent as the curtain parts, and six women cross the stage and stand with their backs turned to them.