Chapter Two

Saturday, April 11th

So you're probably wondering what the fuck happened yesterday, and to be completely honest with you, nothing. Despite the several questions bouncing around my head, I kept quiet and let the so called Doctor do what he did.

I came home a while later with my book on Winston Churchill and started reading, but I couldn't concentrate. All I could think about was this man and all the thing he said. About the shadows, you know, the FLESH EATING ONES.

That takes us to right now, Saturday morning. I got up rather early for a weekend day after awakening from a rather frightening dream. You can probably guess what it was about.

Somewhere during the time that I was taking a shower, I heard a loud noise, followed by a crash, scaring me so much I dropped the shampoo bottle.

Wrapping a towel around my body, I went to go investigate. Being home alone, I felt obligated to bring a sharp item, so I grabbed a pair of scissors.

I looked out the sliding glass door in my kitchen and saw nothing out of the ordinary. The back door that lead into my living room was sending in a draft of cold outside air that chilled my still damp body. I peered outside, only to hide myself back against the wall. Upon my lawn, stood a tall, blue police box, smoke coming out of the top.

"What the hell?" I said aloud to myself, trying to get a closer look without showing myself.

After a few minutes of nothing I decided I should put on some clothes and go find out what was in there. I slipped on a pair of black leggings and a white T-Shirt that was obviously a few sizes too big.

My bare feet moved silently through the grass as I made my way to the door of this police box. The whole thing shook for a moment and made a rather disgusting noise and a smoky odor emerged from it. I coughed and heard a creak. I was standing at the back of the box when someone's (noticeably male) foot stuck out of the doors. The shoes were converse. A familiar pair of red ones. I knew exactly who this was.

"Doctor!" I shouted, wanting to scare him on purpose. I succeeded.

"Blimey!" He jumped up and turned around to face me, sort of glaring at me with his big brown eyes. "Samantha, isn't it?"

"Call me Sam." I told him, grinning. Something inside me was glad he had come back.

He returned a smile, then shut the door to his box, placing a key into his inside coat pocket. "What brings you here?" He asked. "Did you follow me?" A small laugh escaped his lips.

"Um, no. I live here."

He looked at me again, sticking his hands into his pockets. "That's weird."

"No, what's weird is that somehow you managed to park your little blue box on my back lawn and now you're... What are you doing?" I noticed the device he started fiddling with. There were too many buttons to keep track of, surrounding a rectangular screen, and wires connecting to wires... Very complex object.

"I'm scanning." The doctor said subtly.

"Scanning... What?" I tried to peek at what he was doing. The screen kept flashing white, then red, then green, then white again, etc...

"The premises!" The light on top of the object now began flashing red, probably not good.

"For what?!"

"A-ha!" He shouted, then ran up onto my porch, approaching the door. "Do you mind if I..." The doctor didn't bother finishing his sentence before entering my house. My dogs immediately ran and jumped up onto him, sniffing his coat and pants. "'Ello!" He kneeled down and scratched behind their ears. "Got yourself a pair of guard dogs, aye?" He looked up at me.