Chapter Ten

Saturday, June 13th

The doctor felt awful about not being able to tell Rose's family that she had died. There was no way of getting back to where they were ...or so he said. Maybe there was, but it just hurt him too much to tell them.

Sooner or later we were back on our feet and hurtling through time and space ...rather quietly. We went to numerous places that seemed it would take ages to get to, but we did it in minutes.

My cellphone's digital clock display was going wild, trying to find the time zone it was in. Hah, good luck you tiny piece of machinery! The TARDIS landed roughly back on earth, where my phone finally settled down. We had stopped in London, England.

The doctor stepped out and took a deep breath. I stood beside him, smelling some sort of fast food. We were in a very public place. Cars and people were everywhere.

"Doctor, won't people wonder about the random big blue box standing here?"

He looked at me. "Hm. Perhaps they will." The TARDIS turned invisible as he pointed his sonic screwdriver at it. Hm ...impressive.

It amazed me how large London was and how absolutely gigantic Big Ben looked, along with the London Eye. I pulled on the doctor's arm like a five-year-old and basically begged him to take me on the Ferris wheel ride.

"Fiiiinneee." He smiled down at me, taking my hand. My feet moved as fast as they could as we ran through the streets of London, and straight to our destination.

The Ferris wheel was even bigger up close, obviously. I was so excited for this oh my gosh! The doctor and I got in line, my arm locked around his. I could barely see the people in the gondolas above me. They looked like ants ...and I'm pretty sure that's what I looked like to them.

Suddenly a loud scream was heard, not too far away. "WHAT IS THAT?!" This woman was yelling. Of course, the doctor had to see what this was all about, causing us to lose our spot in the line. Ugh, typical time lord... Maybe. His trench coat flew back a bit as he ran in the direction of this woman who would literally not shut up. I assumed it must be quite shocking.

The lady was pointing under a picnic table, shaking in fear. The doctor got on his knees and crawled under the table. "I don't see anythi-- oh. OOOH." He had obviously spotted something. A disgusting screech was heard and then he came out from under the table, holding some sort of beetle looking creature. It took the shape of one of those annoying dune-bugs, except it was 12 times the size of one. "Aren't you beautiful?" The doctor said to the...thing.

"No, it's really not." I said, crinkling my nose in disgust.

"Shh, you'll hurt her feelings." He sympathised the creature. Her?

I put my hands up in an "I'm innocent" kind of way. The bug thing curled up like one of those furry caterpillars do when you try to pick it up. The doctor set it down, trying not to frighten it. He took out his screwdriver and scanned it for spacey-stuff. The buzzing or the light must have scared it or something because before he even got close, the creature unrolled itself and flew off into the vast sky. Well that can't be good.

"What is that thing?" The woman and I asked in unison.

"That is a Venistalgian ...from the planet Venistalgia. Famous for their venom-encrypted bite."

"Why's that?" I wondered.

"Because it kills you."

My eyes widened. Holy shit. It's my biggest fear come to life ...a gigantic bug that can kill a person. Well, it wasn't really a bug, it was an alien. But the point still stands it can kill a person. The woman tapped my shoulder and pointed behind me, there from which I turned around to see the Doctor running far ahead in the direction that we came from. I sighed and hurried after him, trying not to slam into random passerby. I finally caught up to him when he stopped by the--- BANG. Ouch. I ran right into the invisible TARDIS.