Chapter 3

Charlie's phone rings about 7 and she answers it quickly, hoping it's Dennis since they haven't talked in a couple of days. "Hello?"

"Charlie! It's Zig! Little Al has a fight tonight and we wanted to see if you would come?"

"Who is we?"

Zig chuckles. "The Watch. Duh."

"Is Dennis going?"

"Asbo? Pretty sure. Figured he would just come with you."

"I haven't seen 'Im but I'll definitely come. What time?"

"Starts at 8. We're all about to head that way in a few to start drinking."

Charlie chuckles. "I'll get ready and head out then. See you soon."

"CHARLIEEEEEE." Rob yells when she walks into the fighting club.

She opens her arms as he runs over. "Robbbbbb. My darling, how are you?"

"Wonderful now that you're here. We've got a table over here, come on." He hooks his arm around her neck and guides her to the rest of the Watch, minus Dennis.

"Alright, Charlie?" Mince asks, nudging her with his elbow.

"Yeah yeah. You good, Mince?"

Ziggy brings a tray of beers over and sets them on the table. She notices Charlie and gives her a big hug and kiss on the cheek. "I'm so glad you came. I was a bit worried you wouldn't since you said Asbo wasn't around."

"Well you lot did say I could come without him, so..."

"Bloody right!" Rob yells. "Don't need Asbo to get some face time with our girl."

Charlie laughs and shakes her head. A person approaching catches her eye and she leans over to see who it is. "Charlie! You're here." Kev wraps her in a tight hug. "Where's Asbo?"

"Dunno." She shrugs, receiving a concerned look from Kev in return.

"Don't care!" Zig yells. "We're here to have fun!"

"Announcing the fighters for tonight!" A voice comes over the loud speaker. "First up, it's Al the Fireman Sackett!"

Charlie and the Watch cheer as loud as they can for Little Al. He comes into the cage, waving his fists excitedly at his closest friends. The next fighter comes in and the bell dings indicating the fight is starting. Dennis shows up about that time, giving her a surprised look.

"You're late, you bastard."

"I know I'm sorry. I got caught up doing something for my mum." He smiles at Zig and walks over to Charlie. "Hey. What you doing here?"

"I was invited." She teases. "Haven't seen you in a bit."

"I know. It's been a mess lately. I'm sorry."

She shrugs. "It's fine. You can make it up to me later." She winks.

They watch the fight and she sees panic cover Dennis' face as he stalks over to the bar. Oh fuck. She thinks as she sees who Dennis is talking to.

 She thinks as she sees who Dennis is talking to