Best Prize

Hope's PoV

Attending parties are not really my thing.

Everyone are here tonight at the famous bar in our town, celebrating our victory against Mystic Falls High.

Lizzie and MG had left only moments ago, Wade was bartending as usual, and Jed testing her unfathomable luck in a game of darts. And I was just sitting peacefully in my seat, watching the head cheerleader in our basketball team, making a fool of herself.

She's drunk.

Josie even convinced Rafael to allow her to play trashy music for almost an hour now.

I wondered if she ever got tired.

I watched her with a beer on my hand as she made her way towards me, she slide her hand over my chest and up to my shoulder. Josie turned quickly and sat down on my lap with her back against my chest, tilting her head so her lips brushed against my ear.

“You look like you could use some company.”

Damn, that's hot.

I kept my hands to myself, but fuck I really want to touch her. A surge of feelings were sent through me, my thighs clenching and her breath on my neck is making my heart race. Josie were slowly moving and driving me wild. Not until Rafael and Jed pulled her off me.

“Jo, come on. Leave her alone.”

They gave me a look as Josie stumbled behind, looking back at me with apologetic eyes.

I really thought one of them is her boyfriend. But I guess I was wrong.

•••

I spent the rest of the night grumpy and keeping an eye on Josie. She is watching me too while she's busy licking her lollipop.

Maybe she isn't that drunk as I thought she were.

Not long after, I called it a night and said my goodbyes to them. I saw Josie stumbling her way out of the bar and onto the street. I paid my tab and left as well, earning a worried look from Rafael. I walked along the path and when I got to the sidewalk. Josie is standing there.

She turned her head and smiled at me, holding out her hand. I hesitated only for a moment, before taking her hand and allowing her to lead me away.

The streets were quiet, as well as the two of us walked several blocks. Eventually, she stopped in front of an apartment building and then smiled at me again.

Josie is beautiful, she looks even more beautiful when she smile.

I gave her light nod and she squeezed my hand as she pulled me inside.

“Almost there.” Josie whispered playfully, taking her time up the steps. On the third floor, she stopped at the door and unlocked it, pushing me inside.

The lights turned on as I stepped through, my eyes searching the place. As soon as the door closed, quietly and with a soft click, Josie guided me in her chair while she's busy shrugging off her jacket.

“Did you still want that lap dance, or maybe something else? Josie seemed like she really enjoyed teasing me. "Y'know, a captain needs a prize when she's the reason why our school won." Her tongue flicked out, wetting her beautiful lips that I adore as she stood in front of me.