XXVII. Nico

With great power comes the great need to take a nap.
-Nico di Angelo, The Last Olympian

Nico looked at the aftermath of the battle. There were hardly any fatalities, and Pandora just requested that they be made immortal. They could still get hurt, but could die in combat and lose their immortality if they had a child.

This was gonna be fun.

Nico walked over to Cabin 6, exhausted. Apparently, they could get tired. They could do anything a normal human would do. He liked that.

Things were going pretty well that day.

Well, until a couple days after the war.

"Okay," Annabeth said. All of them including Cabin 6, Bianca, Luke, and Beckendorf were working on a new project, except Hazel, Frank, Athalia, Silena, Pandora and Will. Pandora and Will were walking around New York, and according to Will, he 'wanted to make it official', whatever that meant. Pandora also needed to bring her mother back to their apartment in Manhattan. "We have enough room here." She pointed near the strawberry fields on the map. "The project will start sometime next week."

"What are we building again?" Leo questioned.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Camp Jupiter doesn't have a high school, just a college. Both camps agreed: college at New Rome, high school and elementary at Camp Half-Blood. Half-Blood High and Half-Blood Elementary."

"I like it," Percy said. "Two semi-safe places to learn stuff. Yay."

"Be more enthusiastic Percy," Bianca scolded. "At least you're learning."

"Besides," Beckendorf included, "we have some children of Athena that made it to adulthood to teach, extracurricular stuff, like more training and Greek lessons, and a bunch more than traditional high schools. Next year, a grade school for the younger kids." All the Athena kids whispered among themselves about how fun it would be to do all this. According to the blueprints, they would resemble Greek temples and homes.

Nico looked up nervously at the force field that now covered the camp. According to Hades, they, he, Bianca, Luke, Beckendorf, Silena, Annabeth, Percy, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Athalia, Will and Pandora, would be able to feel each other's pain when they were hurt badly. If they died, it would weaken the magical borders and put them all in excruciating pain. If Pandora died, it would really hurt them all and the border since she was basically the source. Nico was absolutely sure that something would go wrong.

"We start the project..." Annabeth trailed off, blinking her eyes a couple times. Nico knew something was wrong. He just felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, like someone stabbing it over and over again. "Umm, where was I? Oh yeah. We start the project next month." The pain just kept getting sharper and sharper. Then it got to the point where all of them couldn't ignore it. Nico had to clench his teeth to keep from screaming in pain. Then it stopped abruptly. The force field shimmered.

"W-What?" Luke said. "I-I... what?"

"This isn't good," Nico muttered. He sensed death. Death wasn't good, especially so soon after the war.

Now, lately, they've been seeing suspicious monster activity outside the camp. They assumed that those were parts of Khione's army that had the nerve to stay behind and kill any demigod that left the camp. Will and Pandora had left the camp lately. The fact that they were feeling pain was extremely bad, especially since the force field shimmered and seemed to weaken.

"Ignore it," Beckendorf said warily. But they all tensed up.

"I'm gonna go now," Nico muttered, walking quickly away. Before they started reviewing the project, Nico asked Silena on "dating advice", and yes, he really thought it would work out.

Nico met Athalia at her cabin, and she saw him and came out. "Hey," she said in a small voice.

"I-" Nico began. "Uh, h-hi?"

"You seem a bit... off."

Nico scoffed. "Me? Off? Um, no, uh, just a little a guess."

"No you're totally off." Athalia laughed.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Okay," Athalia finally said. "We're acting like an old married couple."

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about," Nico said quietly.

"What? Getting old?"

"Together."

"Smooth," Athalia laughed. She looked at him. "Wait, you're being serious?"

"Has there ever been a time when I'm not?"

"Sometimes I think you're an idiot OF COURSE I DO NICO!"

Nico bent down and pressed his lips on hers, feeling happier than ever. This just added on to Bianca being alive.

Their kiss was interrupted by a loud explosion coming from the side of the hill. Nico saw a blonde boy carrying a small, lifeless figure.

"No."

I'M SO SORRY I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING AND I HAVE A REASON. A VERY GOOD REASON.

Doctor Who.

Literally the best thing ever.

Even though I'm on season two.

David Tennant is bae.

~Erica