Prologue

Kate Beckett's POV

Villain League Headquarters, Manhattan, New York City

The alarm was blaring. Me along with Esposito, Ryan, Castle, Phoebe, Max along with Cherry and their baby sister Chloe immediately sees the villains emerging and we need to get out of here.

"Run!" Phoebe said.

"Go! Go! Go!" Espo shouted while he and Ryan provide us cover by shooting at the villains.

"Come on! Come on!" Ryan shouted as the door suddenly begins to close.

The door was closing and we got out just in time, including Ryan and Espo.

But Max was desperate about his friend and pet bunny, Dr Colosso.

"Wait for me!" Dr Colosso, who is a rabbit shouted.

"I got ya, buddy!" Max replied but the door was closing and I need him to forget his rabbit because the ESU team is on the way to handle the situation.

Max uses his telekinetic power to save his friend but it was too late, King Crab's giant claw blocked it.

"No-o-o-o-o!" Max shouted as I along with Castle pulled him out as the door slammed shut.

"Max, forget it! We need to go right now!" I shouted but Max is worried about him and I feel his pain. It is very similar to me when my mother died.

Oh silly me, I forgot to introduce myself! Hi, my name is Kate Beckett, I am a detective with the NYPD's 12th Precinct. You probably recognized me before, and yes, I am the inspiration behind Richard Castle's Nikki Heat novel. You probably don't realized this but I am also married to him. You are probably wondering why my guys and I including Castle are in this mess and why am I with 2 teenage superhero siblings and their friend and their new addition to their family.

Well, it all started just 3 days ago in which it happened 2 days after my husband, Castle finally killed Jerry Tyson aka 'The 3XK Killer' and saved me from Kelly Nieman.