Chapter 3 - X-K

It's the end of a long, busy, and exciting first day. Dana steps into the elevator to head home for the evening.

"Hold the door," a voice calls out. Dana grabs the door which triggers it to reopen as Nia steps in to the elevator cab.

Nia smiles brightly at Dana as she presses the button for the Lobby. "So, how was your first day?"

Dana, exhausted, but still excited, responds, "This place is amazing. It's a controlled chaos like I've never experienced. It's exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow."

"I remember that feeling from my first day, too," Nia reminisces. "Even after working with Miss Grant in D.C. I wasn't prepared for the excitement and insanity of this place."

"Never a dull moment in a town with Supergirl!", Dana remarks enthusiastically.

Nia gives Dana a knowing glance. "Truer words have never been spoken." Nia looks at her with an infectious grin. "I take it you're a fan?"

Dana beams and nods. "That obvious, huh? Honestly I've always been a huge fan of Kara's work... even before she revealed her true identity to the world."

A warm smile fills Nia's face. "Me, too. Even before I found out she was Supergirl she was the reason I wanted to come to CatCo. Miss Grant use to tell me stories about her and I just knew she'd be an amazing mentor. Little did I know she end up being one of closest, dearest friends, too."

Dana gets a starry eyed look on her face. "You're so lucky to get to work so closely with her. Just getting to spend time speaking with her this morning was like a dream come true for me."

Nia grins and giggles. "She has that affect on people."

The elevator reaches the Lobby, the doors open, the ladies step out, walk through the Lobby, and exit the building.

As she turns to walk away, Nia says, "See you bright and early tomorrow."

"You, too!", Dana replies as she heads in the opposite direction.

As Dana reaches the door of her CatCo provided intern housing apartment the song "Save Me" by Remy Zero rings out from the phone in her purse. She unlocks and opens the door as she reaches into her purse to retrieve the phone. She pulls it out, sees her Mom's image on the screen, and answers the call. "Hi, Mom!"

"Hi, sweetie!", Angela replies. "You home from work yet?"

"Yep, just walked in the door," Dana answers as she places her keys in a dish on a side table next to her sofa, sets her computer bag and purse down on the sofa, and sits down next to them with her legs crossed.

Excitedly, Angela inquires, "How was your first day?"

Dana beams as she responds, "Mom, it was great! CatCo is amazing. Everything I imagined and more."

"That's wonderful, honey," Angela comments. "Did you get settled in to your place yet?"

"Pretty much," Dana says with a chuckle. "This intern apartment is so much nicer than my KSU dorm and really close to CatCo, too. I love it!"

"Soooo?", Angela curiously inquires.

Sarcastically Dana retorts, "So what, Mother?"

"Did you meet her?", Angela asks enthusiastically.

Dana excitedly spouts, "Yes I did!!"

"Tell me about her," Angela insists.

Dana draws in a deep breath and then exhales. "She is everything you'd imagine. She's is charming, personable, warm, reassuring, confident, but not egotistical... she exoduses hope and compassion... never makes you feel inferior despite everything she's capable of. She's a bit whimsical and very easy going despite the immense pressure she must constantly be under. It's awe inspiring."