Chapter 8 - Later... at the DEO

The DEO command center is a buzz with activity. Analysts seated at their terminals are scouring through hours of surveillance footage gathered from various sources around the city looking for sightings of National City's fledgling new hero. As Kara walks in she sees J'onn and Nia standing at the center station receiving a briefing from Agent Cho.

"So far," Agent Cho begins, "between the footage we've gathered from around the city, social media traffic, and updates from NCPD she has been sighted half a dozen times since sunset."

Kara walks up next to Nia. "What's she been up to?"

Agent Cho looks down at his tablet. "She's stopped two muggings, prevented a convenience store robbery, and rescued a family trapped in an overturned vehicle."

J'onn inquires, "Has she caused any damage or injuries so far?"

"Aside from the theft at the museum, none that we're aware of as of yet, Director," Cho replies.

Kara queries Cho, "What theft at the museum?"

Agent Cho swipes his finger across the screen on his tablet which pushes security footage from the museum on to one of the large monitors mounted on the back wall. J'onn, Kara, and Nia look up and see a blur streak from one side of the exhibit hall to the other, the display case shatter, and Kara's original suit vanishes. Another swipe on the tablet brings up an image of the wannabe hero wearing her modified super suit as she thwarts one of the muggings.

J'onn and Kara look at Nia as she smirks and giggles. "Sorry... I just can't believe what she did to your old suit."

Kara rolls her eyes and responds in an irritated tone, "It's not funny, Nia. Winn made me that suit. It was very special to me."

Nia puts a hand on Kara's shoulder and looks at her apologetically. "I know, Kara. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make light of it."

Kara puts her hand on Nia's and squeezes it. "No, Nia, I'm sorry. I know you didn't and I shouldn't have snapped at you."

J'onn looks back at Agent Cho. "Anything else to report right now?"

Cho shakes his head. "That's it for now, Director."

"Thank you, Agent Cho," J'onn acknowledges. "Keep us posted." Cho nods and returns to his station.

"Where are Andrea and Kelly?", Kara asks.

J'onn replies, "Andrea had a fundraiser to attend and Kelly took my granddaughter home."

"Did you talk to Kal about our potential Smallville connection?", Nia asks Kara.

J'onn interjects, "What Smallville connection?"

Kara addresses them both, "Let's head up to the lab, check in on the others, and I can fill you all in."

Up in the night sky high above the city, Dana floats in place with her eyes closed listening intently to the sounds below. A sense of pride for all the good she's done this evening swells deep inside her. She thinks to herself, "I see why Kara loves this so much! The rush of helping those in need... having all these amazing powers... she has to see now that we could be an unstoppable force for good... just the two of us."

As she opens her eyes, off in the distance she notices a blue streak entering the night sky. She focuses her eyes and picks up Superman rocketing up from DEO headquarters, flying away from National City at incredible speed. As he clears the horizon out of range of even Dana's enhanced vision she decides, in that moment, it's time to make her way to the DEO.

Back at the DEO, the door to the lab slides open. Alex, Brainy, and Lena look up to see J'onn, Kara, and Nia make their way in.

"How's it going in here," Kara asks.