Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₛᵢₓ: ₗₑgₐcy

Another day, another shift in hell's resort.

At least, that's how it felt to Pigeon.

She rolled over in bed to see her clock reading 7:45 AM. Now that's a good start to a Tuesday, Pigeon thought.

She rolled out of bed, standing up with her shoes still on from the night before. She opened her wings up, just enough to stretch, but not enough to hit them against the walls and cause a commotion. She started to hum "the nft man," which is one of the few songs she memorized from the casino. Pigeon walked to her closet as the sun started to rise. She yawned as she picked out a t-shirt with a few cats on it, along with jean shorts. She opened her mini fridge and pulled out a bowl of assorted fruits. She sat down at her dresser and ate the fruit salad. She pulled her hair into a messy ponytail, still humming. Milo was not liking Pigeon's sudden optimism, but the second she filled up his food bowl with his favorite wet food instead of his normal dry food, he no longer cared and only cared for the newfound delicacy.

Pigeon looked back over at her clock. It read 8:03 AM, bright and clear. The sun was shining outside on a tiny patch of fake grass. It was close enough to the real thing, right?

Pigeon walked out the door of her room, down the hallway, and then going into a door marked "Casino Back Entrance". She ended up right behind a row of slot machines in the back of the casino. For a Tuesday morning, it was very empty. There was barely ten people within Pigeon's field of vision that weren't other employees or Quackity.

Pigeon made her way to the main entrance of the casino, where she found Quackity, staring into the distance. He didn't seem to notice his daughter's presence, but, oh, did he know she was there.

"Salutations, Quackity." Pigeon said, trying not to sound like she was Big Q's child, but more like an employee, or an acquaintance of her father's.

"Good morning. You're finally awake on time. Congrats, you've earned your way out of being a shitty person. Do you need something?"

"I came to you because I don't know what shifts I am to be working today and where. Mine weren't posted for today, but may I point out-"

"Yes, I am highly aware that everyone but you got shift assignments. Well done, you finally noticed something for once in your goddamn life. You're growing up. I've been waiting years for this moment to happen." Quackity clapped sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"So what am I to do today?"

" 'So what am I to do today?' " Quackity mocked. "Well, today I'm first going to knock that kind of poetic speaking right out of your mouth, and then," he smiled suspiciously, " I'm gonna teach you a few things about, well, y'know..." Quackity took a sip of his wine.

"Alright, smart ass, what am I really doing today?" Pigeon said, very annoyed.

"Are you deaf or something? I said I'm going to teach you something. A few somethings. And you aren't getting out of it, you hear?"

"I'm not deaf, you bitch. And, also, nobody gave you any permission to say shit like that this early."

"I don't need permission around here." Quackity smirked.

—————————————

"I created this city, this faction, this nation, for power. That's all people want, and I have it. We have it, if we can only grasp it tight enough."

"Like strangling chickens."

"Exactly- like whatever you just said."

Silence fell between the two as they were both taking in the view from the Space Needle, despite both of them having seen it many times prior.

Quackity sighed, breaking the graceful silence with a soft but stern tone of vioce. "Did I ever tell you the story of Charlie Slimecicle?"

"No. Never. Why?" Pigeon said, trying to cut back on her normally poetic phrasing of words.

"The reason why this city is here as it is today is because of his legacy."

"It'd be helpful if you told me about this person, y'kn-"

"It doesn't matter. Not right now." Quackity seemed to tense up, as he seemingly did not want to remember Charlie.

Silence fell between them again, this time, more unsettling and stern than before.

"Can I ask you something, Quackity?"

"What?" He spat.

"If this Charlie person was creating a legacy that helped build today's Las Nevadas, how come you won't tell me a thing about him?"

——————————-

I love leaving you all on cliffhangers, they're so fun to write. Especially when they aren't finished. 

Also, just realized, the chapters go one, two, three, five, six, and am I gonna fix it? no. you don't get a fourth chapter. bahaha :>