~four~

By the time my roommate woke up I was already ready to go. I had had two cups of tea and was on my third. I was still still super stressed out about my performance and my dad. We hopped in the bus and headed to the auditorium. I had chosen not to focus on my dad anymore but to focus on my audition. It was less painful. The bus dropped me off at the arena and I went backstage to practice with Savan. 

I really just couldn't get it right. I knew the cameras were recording me because it was so clear that I was nervous. They interviewed me and I told them that I was nervous about the audition and how I kept messing up. Then they told me to go backstage. After about 30 minutes they called my name. I walked on the stage as a million thoughts ran through my mind. I can't hit the high notes. I'll run out of breath, what if my dad gets let out, i'm gonna mess up, I can do this, just sing, don't mess up, dad.

*Simons Pov*

Charlie walked onto the stage. She was one of my favorite contestants. She was so comfortable on stage and she had such amazing range to her voice. Something seemed off about her when she walked on. She seemed more nervous than people normally were. " Why do you think you have the x factor?" I asked her, looking at her portfolio.

"I have the x factor because I love singing and I want to change the world." she said, staring at her feet. I nodded, something was definitely wrong. Her music started and I watched as she slowly looked up avoiding eye contact with us.

When you were here before

Couldn't look you in the eye

You're just like an angel

Your skin makes me cry

You float like a feather

In a beautiful world

I wish I was special

You're so very special

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts

I want to have control

I want a perfect body

I stopped her right then and told her to walk off stage. I was really disappointed because I saw how much of a star she could have been. Nicole turned to me and said

"She was really nervous." I nodded. I obviously couldn't send her through. She messed up too bad but she was too good to let go. I had had a couple teens who had been like this. They didn't do well in their audition but it would be a shame to let them go. Suddenly I got a brilliant idea. Maybe I didn't have to let them go.

*Charlie's pov*

Everybody was too nervous to talk. It had been a day since my terrible audition. I sat down by myself. I just looked at my hands. I had done so bad and I knew it. I wasn't going to make it through. We all sat and waited for an hour. There wasn't any noise the whole time except for the occasional crying. Finally the boys were called on stage. We all watched from the monitor to see who would get picked. They have 8 names but I admit even paying attention. Next they called on the girls. Slowly I stood up and walked towards the stage. I didn't even care anymore. I already knew my name wouldn't be called. We all stood in a line and waited for them to call the names.

"Keri Arrindell,  Annastasia Baker,  Gamu Nhengu, Raquel Thomas"  Dermont stopped for a second. I looked over and saw Cher nervously looking at me. Shit, I forgot about her, she was probably so nervous and I didn't even say a word to her all day or yesterday.

Dermont continued reading off his names " Kaitie Waissel, Tracy Cohen." I really hoped that Cher would make it in. I looked over at her and she was sobbing. I did quick math in my head and found out that there were only two people left. So this was our last chance to both get in.

" Rebeca Furgeson." I looked down. Cher started crying even harder, we would probably never see each other again. I prayed that her name would be called next and not somebody else's. Finally Dermont said the last name

"Cher lloyd." I smiled at the floor, good I thought she deserved it. Everybody else walked off the stage. Almost everyone was crying except for me. I wanted too but I had no tears left to cry. I was sleep deprived, anxious and honestly my whole life was going to shit. I knew that when I went back to school next year Tori and her "friends'' would never let me live this down. I quickly texted my mom nope, didn't make it better luck next time :( and then powered off my phone. My mom knew what time to pick me up and I didn't need to see her response. Everybody was hugging and crying while I just stood there. My eyes were watery but I made sure to not cry even though I felt like it. I really wanted this and of course my dad had to ruin it.

They interviewed me for a couple minutes and then sent me on my way. We were all about to leave when they told all the girls to gather up. Great I thought. They're going to tell us to come try again next year. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the group of girls. I just wanted to get this whole experience over with but they kept dragging it on.

"Can Esther Campbell, Sophia Wardman, Rebecca Creighton and Geneva Lane and Charlotte Moreau, please come to the stage.'' I looked around at the others who had been called. They looked just as confused as I was. We followed their instructions and found that there were 5 boys also on stage. One of which was the blond kid who was playing guitar and Harry. Seeing him made my stomach swarm with butterflies. The feeling was quickly replaced by fear.

''Charlie can you go please stand over by the boys." Louis told me. This made me way more confused, but I listened to and went and stood by the boys. I awkwardly stood by them for a second until Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. Then he put his arm around my shoulders. Butterflies quickly swarmed my stomach again.

"Hello," Nicole said quietly.

"Hi." We muttered.

"Thank you so much for coming back. I know judging from some of your faces that this is really hard. We thought long and hard about it and we thought of each of you as individuals and we just feel like you're too talented to let go of, we think that it would be a great idea to have two separate groups." Nicole told us. We all looked around in confusion. What did she mean by two separate groups?

Simon looked at us and picked up his mic. " We've decided to let you both through."

Harry jumped up and down and then pulled me into a hug before I could process what happened. I had made it through, well kind of. I quickly decided that being in a group was better than nothing. I covered my face with my hands so nobody would see me crying but it was useless. When Simon started talking again I looked back up and felt a smile growing on my face.

"guys, girls, guys this is a lifeline, you have got to work 10, 12 , 14 hours a day every single day to take this opportunity, you've got a real shot here guys." Simon smiled and gave us a thumbs up. We walked off the stage and the boys started screaming and jumping up and down, coming into a group hug. The rest of the day was filled with interviews talking about what had happened. It should have been boring but these guys made it crazy and fun. This was going to be a long ride but hopefully it would be worth it.