~five~

Camilla, Caleb, and I drove to the skate park. Today I left to go to Harry's house for 6 days to practice for the judges' house. It had only been 3 weeks since I had gotten home, but I had been super busy. After 6 days at Harry's, I'll have one day to pack, and then we are immediately flying to Marbella, Spain. I hadn't been to Spain for a couple of years because my grandma died and my mom didn't want to go back there, but we used to go there all the time when I was little. I was really excited to go back. Spain has always been a favorite of mine. I was nervous to have to leave my family for such a long time. I've never really been without them and I was nervous about how it would go at Harry's. First, we went to a local cafe, and each got our favourite drinks and we headed to the skatepark.

Caleb has always loved skateboarding ever since he was little. He taught himself how to do a bunch of tricks when he was 8 and is one of the best skateboarders I've ever met. He got me into it when we were ten. I'm not as good at it as he is but I'm pretty decent at it but I prefer longboarding. Camilla, on the other hand sucks. We've been trying to teach her for years, but she just can't do it. So while Caleb and I took turns doing tricks on the halfpipe, Camilla slowly rode around on the concrete. The skate park in Disley wasn't the nicest, since skateboarding wasn't exactly super popular here, so there wasn't much to do. After 30 minutes, a group of guys came to the park and started skating. Two of them were terrible and kept falling repeatedly.

"es realmente malo en esto." My brother laughed at us. We spoke Spanish or French to each other when in public and wanted to speak about others.

Camilla hopped off of the board. "sí incluso yo estoy mejor."

We all laughed and started heading to our car. Those boys were really loud and took up the entire space and we would much rather go somewhere else. We hopped in our car and blasted Taylor Swift until we went to Nandos. We picked up our food and went home.

I had to be at Harry's around 5:00 and it was already 3:00 when we got home, so I quickly packed my bag, got changed, did my hair and makeup, and got in my car. I had mostly forgiven my mom for not telling me about my dad, so thankfully, the car ride wasn't awkward. After a 45-minute car ride, we arrived at his house. He lived in a townhouse; it was a pretty pleasant neighborhood. My mom parked in the neighborhood parking and we walked over to his house. My hands were so shaky. I had never been away from my mom for this long before and I didn't want to stay with a bunch of teenage boys who I didn't know. Right before we knocked on the door, my mom pulled me into a hug.

"It's gonna be ok, I promise." She whispered. I nodded, gave her a tight squeeze, and knocked on the door. After a few seconds later, a middle-aged woman opened the door. She must be Harry's mom, I thought. Anne was really pretty. She had long, dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"Hi you must be Charlie. I'm Anne, Harry's mum." She said, smiling.

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Cora." My mom said as Anne welcomed us into her house.

Anne turned to me. "Harry's upstairs in his room. You can go up there if you want."

She said, then she looked at my mom. "If that's alright with you, he can come down here if you are more comfortable with that." My mom has always been really chill with almost everything and I knew she wouldn't care.

"No, it's all good. She can go up." She said with a small laugh.

"ok I just wanted to make sure" I followed Anne over to a set of stairs.

"His room is the last door on the left." She said, pointing to the stairs. I walked up the stairs and I got really nervous. He probably thought I was some emotional bitch who was super dramatic. I literally cried on his shoulder for 30 minutes. My body told me to run and tell my mom I wanted to leave. But I couldn't. I had 5 people depending on me. I softly knocked on his door.