Chapter Eighteen: Knife

You hurriedly got ready for breakfast, dressed in a brown skirt paired with a creamy t-shirt, topped off by a warm brown sweater. Your hair cascading down your shoulders completing the look.

As the door opened, Taehyung entered wearing a brown shirt, a lighter brown jacket, and lighter brown pants, an almost identical outfit to yours.

"You copied me," you asserted, staring at him.

He retorted, "No, you copied me."

"You saw me wearing this and quickly changed, you jerk," you huffed, still staring at him.

The door opened again, and the maid announced, "Your mother is calling," before leaving and closing the door behind her.

"Don't you dare follow me," he warned, "Yeah, I wouldn't follow you. You're the dog here, so you should be the one to follow me," you replied, opening the door and leaving before he could respond.

He followed angrily, attempting to catch up and retaliate, but you reached the dining table before him, quickly taking a seat.

He shot a sharp glare in your direction and reluctantly sat beside his mother, right across from you.

To alleviate your anger, you discreetly placed your foot on top of his foot. Wearing heels, you applied pressure onto his foot.

Taehyung looked up at you, irritation evident in his gaze. In response, he kicked your foot away, causing your heel to hit the chair, making a slight cracking noise.

Taking a sip of juice, his mother addressed you, "Y/n, would you like some juice?"

"No, I'm fine with tea," you responded.

His mother chuckled at your answer, responding with a playful remark, "I hope you'll be okay with Tae too."

Both of you choked in unison, Taehyung on his juice and you on your tea. The unexpected comment had taken you both off guard.

Both of you locked in a heated glare, Taehyung insulted you, calling you "ugly."

He demanded, "Pour some tea for me," holding out a cup in front of you. Despite your annoyance, you forced a fake smile and began pouring tea into the cup he held. Your eyes remained locked in an intense gaze.

Caught up in the tense interaction, you didn't realize that the tea had overflowed, burning his hand.

He yelped in pain, dropping the cup.

His mother intervened, saying, "Oh y/n, pass the tissue."

"Where?" you questioned, oblivious to the tissue that was conveniently situated right in front of you.

Taehyung blew on his hand, his glare firmly fixed on you.

His mother gently instructed, "It's right in front of you, dear."

Taehyung exclaimed in disbelief, "Mom, my hand is burning, and you're smiling?"

"Shut up, it's your own fault," his mother scolded him, only making your smirk widen.

Taehyung retaliated by grabbing the glass of water and gleefully splashed it in your face.

You wiped your face, gasping in shock, as Taehyung issued a warning: "I'll get you later."