𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Your eyes open the next morning and you take a moment to adjust before looking to your side, seeing that Eren is no longer there. You sit up, bringing your bare legs to the side of the bed, and stand.

Walking up to the door, you pull it open and go to the living room. Eren is asleep on the couch.

Did he sleep on the couch all night? You could have sworn that he slept in the bed with you. Slowly, you turn and go back to the bedroom. Your phone is sitting on the nightstand, and when you grab it, you realize it's dead. "Shit." You mumble to yourself.

Suddenly, Eren steps into the room, and his shirt is gone. "Sorry, I didn't realize you were awake." He walks over to his dresser and finds a clean shirt, pulling it over his head. "What's wrong?"

"My phone is dead." You tell him.

He uses his index fingers to gesture for you to follow him. Eren makes his way into the kitchen and you follow him. He grabs a cord off of it and hands it over to you. "Here you go."

"Thank you." You smile, noticing that his hand is bruised. "Your hand okay?"

Eren looks down at it and casually chuckles. "Uh, yeah. I think so. I don't feel anything."

You plug the charger into the wall and into your phone, watching the screen light up. Eren is searching his cabinets for cups and your mind goes back to last night. "Hey, why didn't you sleep in the bed?"

"Oh. Well, I didn't want you to freak out when you woke up or anything. Just in case. I don't know how drunk you were or anything, but just in case it made you uncomfortable in the morning, I went ahead and slept on the couch." Eren explains casually, finding two cups and placing them on the counter.

Your eyes follow his every move.

That's probably the most respectful thing you've heard from any man, ever. Maybe it's just not something you're used to after being with somebody such as Reiner.

It was terrible being in a relationship with him. And it all started because you were hurt and lonely. The moment you broke up with him, you felt your head reaching the surface of the water you were drowning in.

Your phone turns on and you wait patiently to text Vala. She is probably worried sick about you right now. But you had no calls or texts from her. That's odd.

"Here's some tea." Eren places a cup in front of you and you smile at him.

He walks around and then heads to sit on the couch. You're texting Vala, asking where she's at and if everything is okay.

Immediately you receive a text back.

Vala: Sorry for leaving the party. One of the kids got sick and Zeke needed help. Where are you?

You stare at the phone screen, debating if you want to even text her back at this point.

"Do you think you can take me to my dorm room?" You ask Eren. "After I finish this tea."

"Yeah." He nods.

——

Eren takes you back to the dorm room, and he parks in the lot. "When will I see you again?"

You take your seatbelt off and look over at him. "Give me your phone and we can figure that out."

He grins and pulls his phone out, handing it over to you. Quickly, you make a contact for yourself and add your number. He's watching your every move, admiring the way you smile as you do this.

"Done." You say, handing his phone over. "Thank you for bringing me. Hopefully, I'll see you soon."

You open the door and step out, your shoes hitting the pavement.

"Yeah, of course. Have a good day." Eren smiles, his eyes following you as you walk around the car.

A smile is on your face as you make your way up to your dorm room. But when you walk around the corner, you bump into somebody standing there. You start to apologize but you realize it's Reiner.

He's staring at you, and you back up, but he grabs hold of your shoulders. You can smell the alcohol from here.

"Get away from me, Reiner. And leave me alone." You try to pull away from him, but he leans in, getting in your face.

Reiner has never acted this way. He may be crazy, but he's never done this.

You push away. "Why are you acting like this? It's weird." Shaking your head, you begin to walk off.

"Did you fuck him?" Reiner asks. He seems serious.

"I'm not telling you shit, it's none of your business." You spit out at him. You've had enough of him.

Shaking your head, you start making your way up to the dorm leaving him standing there like an idiot. He's such an asshole.

Unlocking the room, you step inside and shut the door. Almost immediately you undress and change into more comfortable clothes. Now you're left with nothing to do. You wish you would have stayed with Eren a bit longer before coming here. Maybe you two could have gotten to know each other.

And you don't even have his number to text him yet. You won't until he texts you. That's if he even does, but you're hoping so.

Falling back onto the bed, you look at the clock and groan. It's still a bit early. And dealing with Reiner has given you a small headache. So, you decide to take a nap.

Getting into the bed comfortably, you stare ahead at the wall. Your head is starting to pound and you already feel like you're not going to be able to sleep. There was nothing to take either.

Your mind goes to Eren and it relaxes you a bit. He's so kind. And handsome. Just thinking about him gives you butterflies. Especially thinking about how he kissed you. You miss the feeling of his lips on yours.

——

— some notes —

— some notes —

I hope you guys are enjoying this so far

SEPTEMBER 29TH, SATURDAY