𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

The next morning you wake up and get dressed, ready to leave the house so that you can go buy pregnancy tests before Eren wakes up.

When you open the door, you notice a bouquet in front of the door in a large beige glass vase. You lean down carefully and pick it up, bringing it inside and sitting it on the counter.

There is a small note on it and she pulls it open, reading it.

Looking forward to tomorrow! Signed by Nate Vale.

You purse your lips while staring at it. The flowers are beautiful, but how the hell did he find out where you live? Porco must've said something.

"Who sent you those?"

The voice startles you, making you jump slightly and you put a hand on your chest. "You scared me...uh, Nate Vale."

"Am I supposed to know who that is?" Eren asks, approaching you so that he can look better.

You move over and sigh. "Right...we haven't had this talk yet."

He looks at you with concern. "Should I be worried?"

"No. I might work with him back home. He's tied in with the company, he helps here and there. I have a meeting with him tomorrow. And apparently, he knows where I live..." You start walking toward the door. "We can talk about it more later."

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"The store. I'll be back soon." You say and exit the apartment.

——

You go into the office early since you don't want to go back to the apartment to take the tests.

With Eren being around it makes you anxious.

So you set your things in the chair and then head toward the bathroom, where you open the package and take the stick out. And to be safe you rip off some toilet paper and set it on the counter.

You sigh before reaching the toilet and squatting while you hold the stick carefully, so you don't get pee all over your hand. That will be disgusting.

You set the test on top of the toilet paper while you finish up.

While you're washing your hands somebody knocks on the door. "Shit." You mutter to yourself.

Tossing the package into the trash can, you grab the test carefully and open the door. "You're here early." The woman smiles. "Sorry, I wasn't trying to rush you."

"Oh, yeah uh...I left something here. And it's okay." You exit the bathroom and then go back to the office.

Looking down at the test, your eyes widen at the results and before you have time to think about anything else, there's a knock on the door.

It's Porco. Shit.

He comes into the office and sends you a look. "What're you doing here so early?"

"I left something here. I needed to come get it." You say, opening your drawer and throwing the test in it so he doesn't see it. "Anyway, I'll see you in a bit." Immediately you leave the house and his brows bunch together in confusion.

When you're gone, Porco looks around before walking to your desk and taking a seat. He looks around the desk, seeing if he notices anything unusual.

You were anxious and in a hurry and you're not that good of a liar. He knows you so well, even after so many years.

Pulling out the drawer, his eyes land on the pregnancy test sitting there.

His heart sinks and he pushes away from the desk, standing up. He grabs hold of his chest while he stares at the wall. Without even seeing the results, he knows that it's positive.

Porco knows that you'll be a good mother, it just hurts to know you'll have a baby with another man. A man that you've been having problems with recently.

Despite the shattered heart and soul, he wishes the best for you.

——

Getting home, you see Eren sitting on the couch watching TV when he looks at you with a small smile on his face. "I didn't think you were going to come back. Don't you have to work in like...an hour?"

"I'm not feeling well honestly. I think I'll just call Porco and tell him I won't be coming in today." You say, walking past him.

Eren is concerned. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, I think it's just because I'm anxious for tomorrow." You answer, keeping your back to him.

He knows something is up. "Baby..." Standing up, he walks to you. "What's bothering you? Are you sure it's just the meeting? You've been acting weird since before you left this morning."

You nod with a smile. "Yeah. I'll be okay though...I just need to text Porco and then go take a nap."

When you walk away, Eren just watches you closely, knowing that you just lied to him.

——

MAY 20TH, SUNDAY