Chapter Three

She got up at dawn, she ate her breakfast, and then she got ready for her interviews. The spirit still has not showed up, and she wondered what he did with his time, besides scaring people out of their minds.

She laughed. "Halloween in my house would be fun," she said aloud.

She went to her room, and she still could not believe the change in her house after bringing the old furniture down from the attic. The furniture was so shiny, it did not need polished.

She was thrilled with her bedroom, the big brass bed sat in the middle, and it looked at home there, and the sheets she found in the closets, was black and gold, and made of silk. The end tables and dressers, made of oak, gave the room a nice smell and shine.

She walked out of the closet with the outfit and laid it on the bed. She went to the dresser, and got her panties and bra, which she did not like the idea that they did not match. "Who cares," she said aloud. "No one is going to see them," then she smiled as she remembered the ghost who was floating around somewhere.

She had to hurry, or she was going to be late for her first interview. She hurriedly dressed and slipped her feet into her black pumps, and then she braided her hair, then she used a blue band to keep it in place and then she ran out the door to her car.

The first two interviews did not turn out so good, and she started to feel like she is letting herself down, and she did not know if she could not manage another let down. She looked up at the sign on the building to the doctors office, and then her eyes went back to the paper she was holding.

She turned to leave when she saw a man come out of the building, and she could not believe how sexy he was. As he walked closer to her, she could see how wavy his hair was and it was shiny like copper.

His mouth was full and smiling, and her eyes traveled down to his shoulders, and his jacket fit him perfectly, and his tight blue jeans made his muscles look nice and firm.

She was staring, and she did not care. He was standing in front of her with an amused look on his face, and there was laughter in his voice when he asked. "Do you like what you see?"

Carmella could not answer his question, because she loved what she saw, and he knew it. "So," she asked instead, "are you still hiring?"

"Yes," Steve told her. "You must be Miss. Hope?" She could not tell if he was laughing at her, so she nodded her head to answer his question, and he continued. "I wasnt expecting you until later, but please come in and we will find out if you can manage the job," he told her as he led her into his building, and office.

Carmella sat down in the chair he pointed to and took a deep breath. "I want to be honest with you."

"Oh, are you going to answer my question," from the stunned look on her face he laughed. "Never mind, whats bothering you?"

She shook her head, his voice sounded familiar to her, and she could not understand why. It was like she knew him, but never met him before. "I've never been to college, and this would be my first job," he listened as she rattled on. "The other two places I have been too would not give me the time or a test to prove my skills. So now you know how far my graduation goes, I will leave and save you the problem of telling me to go," she told him as she started to stand.

"Please sit back down," he told her. Steve could not believe this; the woman was smart and good looking. He hoped he was doing the right thing by letting her stay and take a test, if she fails, he knew he will have to send her off. Steve knew he would hate himself later for not getting to know her. He reached into a folder on the corner of his desk and pulled out a booklet and handed it to her.