Chapter Twelve

When Carmella left the bedroom, and went to look for him, all she saw was a dark head of hair bent over a box. She walked up to him and looked around.

Steve was looking through boxes, and he did not even notice Tierra finding anything or going after Carmella. He was so absorbed, that he did not even hear her approach. "Have you found anything interesting?"

Steve snapped his head up and smiled. "Only some of my toys and other things dad kept," he told her. "Did Tierra tell you I was ignoring her?" He asked.

She looked down at him. "You don't know?"

He was confused. "Know what?" He stood up to face her, he felt weird looking up to her, like he did when his mother was alive.

Carmella smiled. "Follow me, please."

He left the box holding his mothers things; he would have to hide them from her so she would not see them. He also planned to give them to her when the time was right. As he followed, he thought about how to approach Tierra on the subject about the wedding rings. He wanted to use his parents rings and let her have something her mother would want her to have. He only hoped she would understand without being hurt, then he looked at the woman who walked beside him and wondered how she became his entire world in just a few hours. He noticed that she was leading him to a door that he had forgotten was there, he was surprised when she knocked on it, and the door flew open.

Tierra saw Steve and smiled. "I see she found you, and she couldnt wait to show you, my bedroom."

"What, this is." His voice faded away as he interred into the pink room and started to laugh at the memory that time had forgotten.

"What's so funny?" Carmella asked.

Steve calmed down and looked at her. "Sorry," he looked at Tierra. "I have the perfect nickname for your bedroom."

"What is it?" Tierra was amused by his attitude.

"The Pink Room," he told her. "My dad told me once, when him and my mom were still alive," he looked around the room again. "She had always wanted a pink room," he spun on his heel and left, as the tears fell down his cheeks.

He could not believe that he had forgotten the room his dad had especially made for his mom. His mother had plans to have another child, especially a little girl. Steve never saw or interred the bedroom until tonight.

Dad already had a son, and his mom needed a daughter. Dad wanted her dream to come true, and then she got sick, and is now gone forever like his dad only he is there in spirit, but his mom is not, and he wanted to see her too. He had to go for a drive before he said something wrong, and he hoped Carmella would understand why he needed time alone and did not follow him.

"I have upset him, didnt I?" Tierra asked as she went over to the bed and sat down, but Ray saw the pain she was trying to hide in her eyes.

"No honey, it wasn't your fault," Ray told her. "Carmella, would you mind going to my son while I talk to this young lady?"

Carmella looked at both and nodded her head. She closed the door behind her and went in search of the man she loved. He was not where she had seen him, and there were not any more hidden rooms or doors, and then she went back downstairs to her office. She started to get scared when he was not there, and she started to walk faster then broke into a run and searched the house, and then she looked outside and noticed his car wasnt there.

"Damn," she snapped. She ran back upstairs and yelled through the door. "Ray, Tierra, I'm going after him, he left and Tierra?" She yelled as she headed down the steps again. She heard a 'yes,' and spoke. "Stay in the house, and do not open the door to anyone, I have a key and I believe Steve does too," and then she slammed the door behind her.