Chapter Seven

Ray went through the maternity clinic, yelling for his wife. "Holly sweetie, where are you?"

She scared him by appearing in front of him. "Yes, dear; I am here?"

"Why didn't you cross over? You were gone for a long time," he asked her.

"Good Lord, I have missed you and you give me a lecture about staying behind," she moved around the room and her white gown was flowing around her. "I was there, and I heard you tell them you werent coming till you helped our son, thats why I came back."

"You left heaven to come back to earth to help me?" Ray asked, stunned.

"Yes, and he agrees with you. Carmella is the chosen one," he went to speak but she continued. "Not for his return, its because in some way it gives us a second chance to make things right with the family."

"Is it because they look like us?"

"Yes," she told him. "They will have our familys history to take them to their future."

Roy smiled; he was happy she was here. Now he does not have to worry so much about their son. He could not stop looking at his wife, and he was sad because he could not feel her.

Whats the matter? Holly asked him when she saw the distress in his eyes. He still looked the same, with his short wavy black hair and muscled shoulders and arms.

She remembered when she saw him, at first, she was scared because he was six feet tall and towered over her four-foot frame, but she slowly overcame her fear and fell in love with him. The best part of him that she loves is his eyes, when he gets angry, they turn to a deep chocolate brown, and when they make love, they turn to a shiny copper.

"I want to hold you and make love to you, but we cant even feel each other anymore," his eyes filled up with tears. "I cant even kiss you, and I missed you so much."

Her smile faded. "I'm sorry I left you, but you werent around for me to explain what was going on, I got depressed and very angry at the family." She sighed. "Did you find the letter I wrote you?" She asked him.

"What letter?" Ray asked as he floated to the hallway where the outside world could not see them.

She smiled and floated toward him. "It's inside the double mattress, I know Carmella is using it, ask her to find it for you."

"Do you think she will?" Ray asked.

Holly laughed at what he was thinking and knew if he asked the girl while she slept there will be hell to pay. "Yes, she loves you like youre her father," she told him.

She knew he was going to leave, and she felt sad that their reunion was cut short, and they cannot be caught together. "I love you, Ray."

"I love you too, Holly. I also promise to keep him safe." They reached for each other, so they could kiss one last time. When they could not feel each other, they pulled away. Ray disappeared while his wife cried for not being able to touch her husband, to show him she still loved him.