Chapter Four

This chapter has to deal with mental abuse, and rape.

Carmella arrived at her house at four thirty. She went into the kitchen and made herself a tuna sandwich. She got a plate from the cabinet and took them with her to the living room.

She sat down on the sofa, and then she picked the remote up from the coffee table. "Well," the voice said. "With the look on your face you had a mixed-up day."

"You could say that," she told him. "Could you please tell me who you are, because I believe the message, I received is intended for you."

He laughed. "Okay, my name is Ray," he told her. "Like the rays coming from the sun."

She laid down the sandwich that she was eating and spoke. "The message is from your wife, even though I don't know why she would contact me," she was rattling on. "She is so pretty. She was wearing a long flowing wedding gown with red roses in her hair; it was like she was wearing a crown."

He interrupted her. "She is my wife," he said excitedly. "You have seen her, and talked to her, and she talked to you?"

"Well," she talked to me, "yes." She told the air that riddled with excitement.

"What did she say?" Ray asked in front of her, and she still could not see him.

"This is her words, not mine." She took a deep breath and spoke. "While youre here watching over our home, I'll be watching over our son at the clinic," she smiled. "This question is from me, is he fine?"

He did not say anything, and she thought it was weird at the time, until she blurted. "My God, Steve Strongbow is your son, and your wife is his mom!" She jumped up from the sofa. "Oh, this is so romantic, both of you gone," then she stopped. "There is nothing romantic about this! You are both gone, and he cannot see or touch you two, but I wonder if he can hear you?" She started to cry. "Your love is still there for one another, and youre still watching over your son and that's the only romantic part about this, and its so unfair!" She bellowed.

"I'm standing right here; you didnt have to yell." Ray wanted to comfort her, but could not, he could only sooth her with words, and wondered if that would be enough for her.

"I'm sorry," she told him. "Other than this, I had a wonderful day, and I start work tomorrow at eight am."

"So, what did you think of Steve?" He was curious to see if they would become an item, and he watched her face for a sign.

She tried not to blush, but it did not work, because she could feel her face heat up. "Does he look anything like you, is this why you dont want me to see you?" She added without thinking. "It's a shame hes not married."

"Yes, he looks like me, and no thats not the reason I didnt show myself to you," he told her and could not believe to hear wrath and caring in her voice for his son. "Why?" Ray knew his son was married and got a divorce after he died, and he is also very stubborn like his dad. He hoped that one day he would get the chance to explain it all to his son about why it was his time.

Ray knew his son had no right to give up on love, all because two people whom he loved left him the same day. There is always another woman who could love him better than his wife did, if only he would open his eyes to this one.

"For one thing," Carmella could not believe how easy it was to talk to someone who is not there to see. "He's sexy, and smart like me," she said out loud to herself, and very, very sweet.