Chapter Thirteen

Kidnapping

Carmella felt stiff and sore as she came to, her arms were tied behind her chair, and her legs were tied to each chair leg. She opened her eyes and looked around; the room was small and dirty. She noticed another chair which matched the table, and the chair she was tied to, she was happy to be alive and by herself.

The floor had cans, paper and dust all over the place. She could not understand why she was tied to a chair instead of a bed, and the worst part about the situation was that she didn't know who kidnapped her or where she was.

The door slowly opened, and a man walked through the door. Carmella was shocked; she knew her family might have Dan kidnap her, but not a total stranger. She took a breath and coughed when she inhaled dust, when she stopped, she asked. "Who are you?" Her voice squeaked.

The man looked her over, and remembered seeing her from behind, but having her sit there awake, shocked the hell out of him. He tied her to the chair without noticing anything, her hair came lose and hung in a long braid down her left shoulder, and her hazel eyes were demanding answers from him. He grabbed the chair that was empty and straddled it. "My name doesn't matter," he told her.

She could not believe this man, he was sexy and built like Steve, but his blue eyes reminded her of drowning in water and she held his stare even though she was terrified. She asked him. "Why not, did my family hire you, or was it Dan?"

He smiled. "Why don't you answer mine, then I will answer yours, deal?"

Carmella glared at him, but kept her mouth shut. She could not believe this nice-looking man would do such a thing to her. She did not do anything wrong to anyone, so why him? She looked at him, taking in his short black hair, and cold blue eyes, and the muscles in his legs as they wrapped around the chair. "You like what you see?"

Her eyes snapped back to his, and everything about him reminded her of Steve, except Steve's eyes were a soft milky brown, and this man's eyes were blue and hard as a crystal.

"So, you wont answer me; how about this one, wheres my daughter?"

She was shocked that this man would kidnap her and then demand something which she did not know, and she demanded. "Who are you talking about?"

"I see I have shocked you, I didn't mean to," the man stood up and walked over to her. "Don't run out on me, we need to talk about a fourteen-year-old girl," he told her as he untied her.

She thought about kicking him, and then decided not to. "What's the childs name?" She asked as she rubbed the burns on her wrists, that the rope had been caused by this man.

"Here put this lotion on them, I am sorry I had to tie you up. I was afraid you would run out without me finding out about my daughter," he told her, and gave her the lotion and then he sat back down.

"What is her name?" She asked again.

The man gave her a sad smile. "Her right name is Tierra Pinehurst," when she shook her head he went on. "She goes by Tierra Shine now," her eyes went from her wrist to his face.

"You must be kidding? Her father is dead, he shot himself," she told the man.

"Samuel Shine, I know," he told her. "He was a friend of mine," she was going to say something, but he interrupted. "Please let me explain."

"Okay, but don't expect me to hand over a child so easily," she told him.

He took a deep breath. "I work in Tucson Arizona, the man was my manager, his wife Martha couldn't have children," he looked at his hands. "So, I left her baby sit my child."