Chapter Sixteen

Trauma of Rape, Murder, Mental and Fiscal Abuse

Tierra lay on the bed, she was happy knowing her father was alive, but it did not change the fact she also cared for Steve and Carmella. When she overheard Carmella, heard her voice crack, Tierra knew she had made the right decision to stay. Carmella needed love and a family, and she was going to make sure she got it.

Steve was good for her, and he would help her through all the heartache, if she would have left, Carmella would have ran, but the more she thought of Carmella and she realized she could not leave her. When she wrote the title of the letter, she knew it came from her heart. Her real father claimed he understood and asked if they could stay in touch. He seemed happy when she said yes, but it was only when she called him Jason he cried.

She tried to explain her feelings to him, that she did not know him at all or well enough to call him father or dad again and he claimed once again he understood. So, she let him leave the house knowing she would not hear from him again until Carmella's family was taken away. She still laughed when Ray came out of the basement and told them where they could find the man named Dan.

Tom, shocked and confused to see someone else in the house and asked. "Who are you? Where did you come from?"

"My name is Sun, and where I come from is not important."

The men looked at him and said together. "Excuse me!"

Ray waved his hand. "You know as S. U. N?" Then he went back to the basement.

Tierra realized it did not take long after the information for the two men to leave and catch Dan in action, so he would not hurt anyone else ever again.

Carmella sat on the chair with her face in her hands, and she could not believe her world was falling apart. She felt like her heart was breaking. She dropped her hands and looked around her. She loved her home and she hoped she could turn her love life around. She got up from the stiff position she was in and went to her bedroom.

She looked at her clock, and she was amazed to see how late it was, and she knew it has been longer than ten minutes when Steve told her to wait for him in the office. She started to take her clothes off when a knock sounded on the door. "Come in!" She yelled, thinking it was Tierra to let her know what time she was leaving tomorrow. She never even turned around to see who had interred her bedroom.

"So, tell me, "A voice said behind her. "Why didn't you wait?"

She spun around with a smile on her face, and let her shirt hang free. She knew he had seen women in less since he was a doctor, and nothing she had would surprise him. She was thankful to Tierra for giving her matching panties, so she did not have to feel embarrassed anymore.

Steve looked from her eyes to her lips then to her open shirt which revealed a black lace bra. He walked closer to her. "Well," he got down on one knee. "I hope this means you will marry me?" as he handed her a jewelry box.

She took the box and laid it on her dresser, without looking at it. "Depends on if you will make love to me," she stretched out her hand for him to take.

He smiled and took her hand and slowly stood. He pulled her into his arms, he wanted to go slowly, that way he would not scare her, but when their lips touched, their bodies were screaming for more, her drawn breath made him pull back. "Are you sure you're ready?"

She could not believe he would ask a crazy question like that. She smiled and spoke. "Yes," as she pulled her shirt from her shoulders and let it fall, then she went for her bra and spoke. "I am very ready."