The Credits of Matthias Helvar

Inspirations for this story, both sung and spoken alike:

Greek myths:
— Orpheus and Eurydice (obviously)
— Jason and the Argonauts
— Hades and Persephone
— The story of Achilles
— The sirens
— Apollo and the seven muses

Classic literature:— The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson— The Illiad by Homer— The Little Prince by Antoine de Sant-Exupéry— Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare— Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (obviously)— King of Scars by Leigh Bardu...

Classic literature:
— The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson
— The Illiad by Homer
— The Little Prince by Antoine de Sant-Exupéry
— Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
— Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (obviously)
— King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
— An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge by Ambrose Bierce

Classic literature:— The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson— The Illiad by Homer— The Little Prince by Antoine de Sant-Exupéry— Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare— Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (obviously)— King of Scars by Leigh Bardu...

Musical inspirations:
— Hadestown concept album by Anaïs Mitchell
— Foreigner's God by Hozier
— Work Song by Hozier
— Orpheus by Sara Bareilles
— It's Never Over (Hey Orpheus) by Arcade Fire
— Destiny by Chloe Ament
— Arms Tonite by Mother Mother

Musical inspirations:— Hadestown concept album by Anaïs Mitchell— Foreigner's God by Hozier— Work Song by Hozier— Orpheus by Sara Bareilles— It's Never Over (Hey Orpheus) by Arcade Fire— Destiny by Chloe Ament— Arms Tonite by Mother Mother

Our Cast and Their Role:
Matthias Helvar is our doomed lover and hero, Orpheus. Son of a muse and poet extraordinaire, Orpheus is well-known for attempting to save his wife from the dead.
Nina Zenik is our brave and unlucky Eurydice. A woodland nymph who was sent to the underworld after getting bitten by a snake while alone one day.
Jarl Brum is our antagonist, the brooding King Hades. While typically given a bad rep, he stays loyal to his beloved wife and the rules of life and death.
Ylva Brum is our wise woman of the shadows: Persephone. While usually bright and cheerful, she stands with her husband Hades through thick and thin. She is also the only one Hades has and will ever trust.
Kehryn is our ferryman into the underworld. He will take Orpheus across the River Styx, though he never promises to bring him back above ground.
Hanne Brum is our fast-thinking and cunning Hermes. They are an advisor for Orpheus and send him on his way to meet with the king and queen of the underworld.
Jason is a friend of Orpheus, though only plays a small part in his story. They once worked together to acquire the Golden Fleece, though they certainly couldn't have done it without the other.