thirty-two

'I have to be the luckiest girl in the whole wide world,' evelyn concluded to herself as her head rested on Troy's stomach. They were at their spot, but they were laying in the grass instead of Troy's truck bed. About another week had gone by and Troy did start coming around more often, but it still wasn't enough for Evelyn. Every second she wasn't with him, she was missing him terribly. She loved the attention he gave her, the way he held her, the way he kissed her. They still weren't official, but Evelyn tried to ignore that fact. It would come in due time. There was no need to rush anything.

     "What are you thinking about, Ev?" Troy broke the silence and ran his calloused hands through her hair. She happily sighed, shaking her head. "C'mon, tell me."

     "Fine," she gave in. "I was thinking about you."

     Troy couldn't help but smile (smirk) at the girl's words. "Me? What about me?"

     Evelyn shrugged with a hum. "I don't know. Just you."

     "Do I just have that effect on you?" Evelyn let out a laugh that made Troy's lip curl up into a seemingly real smile.

     "You have no idea."

     "Mhm," the boy hummed. "I think I have somewhat of an idea. If I asked you that same question a month ago, you would've rolled your eyes at me."

     "Shut up!" Evelyn facepalmed.

     "Nah, I like your attitude," Evelyn didn't answer him. Instead, she crawled up to face him. She'd been trying to work on getting more confident with him. She couldn't just let Troy initiate their kisses, no. She was too impatient for that. "Are you about to kiss me, Evelyn?" Troy asked teasingly.

     Evelyn huffed at his evaluation. "I was, but you ruined it," she rolled her eyes playfully, rolling into her side.

     "Oh, I ruined it. You're the one that chickened out," Troy chuckled, sitting up and resting on his elbow.

     "You teased me, I got shy. It's all your fault," she crossed her arms and looked away. Troy sighed dramatically, reaching over to pull Evelyn's face back toward him.

     "I'm sorry. Is that better?" Troy cupped Evelyn's cheek. He could feel the heat coming from the way her cheeks flushed.

     "I guess so," she spoke with fake annoyance. Joking around like this with Troy was fun. In these moments, she could feel her and Troy's connection. She felt they were really starting to have such a good dynamic. 'We're perfect for each other,' she concluded the previous night as she was trying to fall asleep. These were the moments she smiled thinking about.

     "Good, kiss now?" Evelyn nodded as she bit her bottom lip. Troy wasted no time and leaned in. Evelyn grinned against Troy's lips. She really couldn't get enough of this feeling. She could just feel her already good mood get twenty times better than what it was. "So, your birthday's in a couple weeks," Troy said almost immediately after pulling away. Evelyn didn't answer so quickly, her mind was still stuck on the feeling of his lips on hers.

     "Yeah, it is," Evelyn responded as soon as she could, her fingers mindlessly fiddling with the 'T' on her neck. Evelyn looked over to see Troy smiling to himself. "What?"

     "I'm not gonna ruin the surprise, but I can tell you that I'm gonna make it the best birthday you've ever had," Troy bit his bottom lip, reaching over to grab the hand that was toying with the necklace he'd gifted her.

     "What do you mean?" Evelyn couldn't stop her smile from (somehow) growing even wider.

     "Shh!" Troy raised his unoccupied hand to silence her. "That's all I can say."

     "But you have me interested now!" she whined as squeezed his hand that felt like it was created to perfectly fit with hers, like two puzzle pieces.

     "Mm, that's too bad. You gotta wait 'til the twelfth."

     "You're the worst," Evelyn groaned, dramatically turning her head away from the boy she felt so much for.

     "Okay. I'm ignoring you until you stop giving me attitude," Troy tugged his hand away from hers.

     "Troy," Evelyn frowned. "Why?"

     "I try to do something nice for you, Ev, and this is how you treat me?" Troy said sarcastically and rolled his eyes.

     Evelyn huffed. "I'm sorry," she muttered with raised eyebrows.

     "I didn't quite catch that, you mind speaking up?" he smugly leaned over to the annoyed girl.

     "I'm sorry," she repeated, grabbing Troy's hand simply because she missed the feeling of it interlocked with hers. She flipped onto her stomach and moved closer to Troy. "Can I kiss you now?"

     "I don't know, you did hurt my feelings," Troy winced. Evelyn blinked at him with a blank expression. "Whatever, I guess so," the boy shrugged before pulling her down into a soft kiss.

a/n
ya. evelyn is a cancer and
troy is a scorpio. GET
OVER IT!!!! anyways short
chapter i've been trying to
write this ish for like the
last four days but i couldn't
come up with anything
this was the best i could do :')
vote and comment!
wc: 859
04.02.22