Fringe

To say I'm scared is putting it lightly, I'm fucking terrified. My anxiety shoots through the roof and my hands are shaky. I open my mouth to ask who's talking but they've already hung up and I know they wouldn't have told me anyway. The call came from a blocked number and my mind races as I try to think who could possibly know about Nash and I, we've been so careful but I guess not careful enough.

I can't concentrate on anything anymore, I stand and enter Nash's office,I'm begin to pace back and forth. There's still at least 2 hours before the session is over and Nash returns, time is crawling by as I anxiously wait for him. If it gets out, it's going to ruin Nash's career, I'm certain of that. There's no way he would win an election if his constituents know that he has a male lover.

I can't give him up but I don't want to ruin his life either. My anxiety steadily increases and I know I'm working myself up into a panic but I can't stop myself. I picture Nash walking in and breaking up with me because he got a call as well. I'm so happy for the first time in years. My high school years were torture, I was a late bloomer and I just never had any luck dating in college. Nash makes me feel whole, he makes me feel wanted and loved and I don't know what I'd do if I lost him.

I can see my dream of living with him dying, how can we move in together if someone knows that we're together and they're threatening to release the information if we don't comply.

When Nash returns he finds me still pacing. He gives me a worried look as he takes in my stressed appearance. I take in a deep breath, bracing myself for the worst case scenario where Nash breaks up with me and kicks me out of his office.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asks, he locks the door and then comes up to me. He stops me from pacing me and his eyes search mine.

"I got a call from some unknown person, it was a male but it was muffled so I couldn't recognize the voice. They said they know about you and I, they're going to release the information to the press if you don't add Carpenter's rider to your senate bill," I tell him and his face transforms from worried to angry. I'm scared that he's about to lash out at me but he takes me into his arms and kisses away my frown. He presses soft kisses from my forehead to my lips, he rubs his hands up and down my arm gently and his touch calms and soothes me.

Fuck, I'm so happy he's not going to break up with me over this.

"I'm not adding that rider, I'm not going to let them blackmail me. They have some balls blackmailing the head of the Homeland Security committee. I can have someone trace the call and I'm going to find out who the fuck thinks they can blackmail me," he tells me quietly but intensely. I'm completely relaxed now because I know Nash will take care of it and we'll be fine.

"Are you okay now, baby?" He asks me gently and I nod at him, he pulls me into his arms and I bury my face in his neck and take in a deep breath.

"I love you, Nash." I tell him, my voice is muffled but I know he can understand me.

"I love you, too." He says and presses a soft kiss on my head. He pulls back and presses another tender kiss on my lips. My eyes flutter closed as he moves his lips over mine. I love his kisses, they start a slow burn in the pit of my stomach that spreads. I love the plump, soft texture of his lips. I can feel my need for him growing but I know he has a meeting soon and we can't do anything. His tongue swipes across my lips and then he slips it in, making me moan into our kiss as he explores my mouth.

I can't wait until I get to go home with him, to our own private oasis where we can be completely free and comfortable. I pull away from the kiss and he cups my face, caressing my cheek gently.

"I'm going to take care of it." He tells me firmly and I nod at him, I'm no longer worried about the outcome. I trust Nash and I know if he says he's going to take care of it then he'll get it done.