Together Forever

Note: This is a continuation of "Welcome Back" Enjoy!

The both of us stood after a couple of minutes just hugging. I didn't care if my neighbours could see me like this. What matters is that Kiyotaka is back. I welcomed him into my apartment. I did clean it up earlier but I was still nervous to let him see it.

"Sorry if it's a mess." I told him.

"I don't think it's mess at all. If anything, it feels a lot simpler compared to your dorm room at ANHS." Kiyotaka replied.

"Really? I did try making my life a lot simpler after you left. It was kinda hard at first, but I think I have the hang of it now. I guess I've changed in that sense. You've changed a lot too Kiyotaka."

"Why do you say that?" He sat down on the sofa, patting the spot he wanted me to sit in.

"Well, you're a lot taller now. And you look a lot more manly and handsome." I blurted out.

*Silence*

"Uhhh and you seem a lot softer now. Err... kinder? Um...um..." I quickly added. I thought of what other things I could add but Kiyotaka started talking.

"I don't think I've changed all that much since high school. Well maybe on the outside. But I think I slightly changed the most when I was with you."

Hearing those words made me a bit embarrassed. Maybe it's because it's been forever since I heard him say things like that. I'm glad that he feels that way. I've changed a lot since I first properly met him at ANHS. Our relationship definitely had a rough start. Like the awful thing he did to me during the Zodiac exam and even that time on the rooftop just a few days before Christmas. However, those experiences are what shaped me to be a new Karuizawa Kei. A woman who is strong enough to face any trial thrown at her no matter how big it is. I don't think I could have ever realized how far I could have grown without Kiyotaka. His existence has impacted my life so much.

"But you know Kei, I can tell that you have changed too. You've properly thought about your future, learned how to manage your life better, you seemed to learn how to cook, and now you're a beautiful young, independent working women living by herself out in the middle of the city. I think that's really impressive." 

"Thank you." I shyly thanked him. I'm glad he thinks that what I've done is impressive but I'm more interested in what he's been doing so I switched the subject of our conversation from me to him.

"Sooo what about you Kiyotaka? What have you been doing these last couple of years?" With a simple smile on my face, I asked him that question. He quietly thought about what to say.

"A lot of things happened. It's a bit complicated to explain but I made a bet with my father about something. I can't tell you what it was but just know that everything is fine. It all worked out in my favour." 

"Hm... I understand. What happened after that?"

"After that, I applied to a university to become a doctor. A psychiatrist to be more exact." 

"Woah! A psychiatrist? That's an interesting pick for you. I guess both of us are in the medical field now." It came to be a bit of a surprise to me that he would be a psychiatrist. 

"Yeah... I thought it would be an interesting topic to study. I didn't really find studying the theory all that hard, but doing the labs and stuff was pretty interesting."