A Video Message to You

Play video message?

Yes/No

Yes

A voice started speaking.

"March XX, XXXX."

Footage of a young woman, around the age of 20 started to appear on the screen. She had long blonde hair that seemed to have burned edges in some spots. She also had violet coloured eyes. For some reason, the background scenery looked like a hospital room. Countless medical machines and equipment were in the room. An IV line could been seen connected to her left arm. A breathing tube was also hooked up to her nose as well.

The woman herself was bandaged from head to toe. Instead of recording a video, she should have been resting. However, strong determination beamed from her eyes.

"I should apologize first right? Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to make it to our wedding coming up soon. You went out of your way to buy me a ring and I won't be able to use it. I'm sorry. I didn't think I'd end up in this situation. By the time you're watching this video, you probably have already heard what happened. It might be painful for you to hear, but I want explain what happened from my point of view."

The woman closed her eyes and took a deep breath in and out.

"It all happened so fast. I was getting inside my car after work when I saw gasoline leaking from the car parked in front of me. I got out of my car to report it but all of a sudden, everything went up in flames. I heard a loud explosion and my memories after that point are hazy. Now that I think about it, wasn't there a group of people going around leaking gasoline and igniting them lately? I wonder if it was the same people..."

At a closer glance, her skin was burned severely in multiple areas. Her beautiful, soft skin that she had only hours ago was gone. The accident only just occurred early in the morning. The woman was about to head home after her long night shift at work when she got caught in the explosion.  Thankfully, there was a hospital nearby so the woman and the other injured people were able to get treated right away. With the quick thinking and work done by the doctors and nurses, there were no casualties yet. All of the injured were adults of different ages. Some young, some old.

The woman continued to speak.

"Anyways, there's not much I can do now other than accept the fact that it happened. Say, could you promise me something? No matter what happens in the future, please don't go looking for revenge against those who started the explosion. Leave them for the police. I know that you hold grudges easily against others so that's why I'm asking you. Please?"

With her body covered up and aching everywhere, there was only a limited amount of gestures and movements she could make. In the end, she settled for a simple smile towards the camera. She hoped that the person watching this video would take her words to heart.

"Y'know, the happiest time of my life were the days I spent with you. Going on dates, studying together, eating your homemade food, holding your hand... all those things and many others made me happy. Super duper happy. I don't think I would have been able to enjoy my life as much if I didn't meet you. You have given me so many fun, precious memories that I'll never forget. I'll remember them forever."

The woman quickly looked back on her life. She lived a normal life up until middle school where she was heavily bullied. To the point where she even received a scar near her waist. She hated looking at that scar. Just one glance made her want to vomit. To get a fresh start, she attended ANHS. She made sure that she wouldn't be the one bullied by keeping all the potential bullies close to her side. She even got herself a fake boyfriend who had a high status in the their class to protect her. Everything she did was to protect herself. That was all that mattered to her. But then he appeared in her life. He threatened her to do his bidding. She hated him at first. However, the more and more time passed, she started to like him. Romantically. Her feelings of hate changed into love. With him, she felt comfortable to be her normal self. Not the fake girl who acted all high and mighty to protect herself. Just the innocent, nice girl that had a crush on a boy in her class. When he confessed to her, her heart flew through the roof. Their relationship was an odd one. Some may even call it toxic. But because of their experiences, they drew closer together.