Chapter 1: Wolf Moon

Mercedes' POV

I was a day late coming back home from visiting my dad for the summer. I sighed at the sight of the familiar sign. 'Welcome to Beacons Hills' I drove straight to the high school. Today was the first day back . I glanced at my phone and quickly answered it when I recognized Lydia's name.

"Hey." I answered.

"Merc, where are you?" Lydia asked.

I revved the car's engine. "Pulling into the parking lot now, Lyd's." I told my strawberry blonde best friend.

I smirked as I saw people's faces drop at the sight of the car. I quickly pulled into my usual spot next to Lydia's car. I hung up the phone and tossed it in my jacket pocket before I got out.

"Holy hell. I can't believe your dad got you that." Jackson Whittmore said. I looked at the boy.

"I never lie. Lydia was on facetime with me when I got it. Speaking of, I need to go join her." I walked away from the boy and quickly joined the girl who was tapping her foot impatiently. "I know I'm late. I know. I meant to be back home last night but dad wanted to take me out for a late lunch before I got on the road." I explained to her.

"You're forgiven

"You're forgiven. And cute jacket." I looked at the black leather jacket that I had bought and smiled.

"Thanks. Come on. Don't wanna be late." I said. She nodded and we both walked inside the school. I ignored my twin and his friend, Miles or whatever his name is.

I ignored whatever the teachers talked about and only paid attention when the principal came in and introduced a new student.

"Class this is our new student Allison Argent. Please do the best to make her feel welcome." I followed her as she sat behind my dork of a brother who handed her a pen. We both looked at him confused before I caught the dopey grin on his face.

'Idiot.' I thought. I rolled my eyes and turned back around for the rest of class. I smiled when the bell rang before I joined Lydia and we walked through the halls til she spotted Allison.

"This jacket is totally killer." Lydia said as soon as she reached the new girl.

"Where'd you get it?" I asked while I let my eyes wander over to my twin watches from afar. Just to piss him off a little more I smirked at him before returning my attention to the Argent girl.

"My mom was a buyer from a boutique back in San Francisco." Allison replied.

"And you are my new best friend." Lydia replied. I rolled my eyes at the redhead. Luckily Jackson joined us enough to distract Lydia.

"Our new best friend. I gotta run. I told mom I would see her after the first period." I explained to them before I walked away.

"Can someone tell me how a girl who's here for five minutes can already hang out with Lydia and Mercedes' clique?" A random girl asked my brother and his friend.