Chapter 6: Heart Monitor/ Night School

Mercedes' POV

"So Scott came to you and asked for your help after what happened at the parent teacher conference?" I asked Derek the next day. Apparently Scott and Allison were both late getting back to the school and therefore missed the conferences. No sooner had they got back a mountain lion was running around the parking lot, causing Sheriff Stilinski to get hit by a car--leaving him with a few bruises--and Argent killed the mountain lion while Scott was protecting Allison. Mom had also grounded Scott for skipping school and as a punishment he pretty much had to do all the grocery shopping and drive mom to work since he needed the car to do so. "He has to go to the grocery store today. You could try and see how he does then."

After a few more minutes of laying in bed I finally got up and headed downstairs to start making the grocery list for Scott. "What are you doing?" I ignored my brother since I agreed with Stiles with the whole not talking to him. I passed him the list before I walked back upstairs. I quickly got dressed and did my makeup before I grabbed car keys.

"I thought you were gonna stay home today?" Derek asked.

"Lydia texted me late last night and asked if I wanted to go get my nails done. Plus it'll give you time to help Scott and I can distract Allison." I told him. He groaned at the thought of me being close to the hunter's daughter. "I'll be fine. Besides, I can actually fight her if she tries something." I told him, before I grabbed his leather jacket and shrugged it on.

"Do you want me to pick you up later?" I nodded before I opened my bedroom door.

"I'll see you later."

I walked out of the house as Lydia pulled into the driveway.

"Ready to go?" She asked as I opened the door. I glanced up at my bedroom window.

"Yeah." I closed the door as she pulled out of the driveway. "How bad is the punishment for you Allie?" I asked the Argent.

"I'm not allowed to see Scott outside of school. But I have a plan."

"Do tell." Lydia said.

"I was gonna see if I could switch partners in class. That way I can still see him outside of school." Allison told us.

"Sneaky." Lydia told her.

"It's just gonna make your dad hate him even more." I muttered.

"What's Scott's punishment?"

"Grocery shopping and driving mom to work. Along with the chores." I told her. She dropped the matter as we pulled into the parking lot of the mall. The three of us walked inside of the building and headed towards one of the spas. None of us spoke but I caught the glance Lydia threw at my phone and knew she saw the caller ID when Derek called.

"Him with a heart? Who's him?" Lydia asked.

"A friend who seems to find this funny." I said before I sent him a text. "I'm going to kill him." I muttered. Luckily the place wasn't packed so the three of us were able to get our nails done quicker than usual.

"Are you going to need a ride back home?" Lydia asked.

"No."

"Is this him going to take you home?" Lydia asked.

"Yes Lyds. Now can we please drop this." I asked as the nail tech finished my last nail. I glanced over at Allison who started fiddling with a necklace around her neck. "That's cute." I said.

"It's a family heirloom. Kate gave it to me as a birthday present." Allison said as she moved her hand and I touched it.

"The Code is stupid. So some of the Hales aren't werewolves. The majority of them are." A female voice said. One I recognized as Kate Argent.