twelve

When Aurora's mom asked about the bruise, she just told her that she got hit by a soccer ball in gym class. Her mom believed her.

She just spent all night icing her face, and even then there was a noticeable bruise still lingering behind.

The next day, Ashton wanted to know if Aurora could come over for "round two," as he put it. Aurora couldn't go, because she had a family dinner. Ashton said she could skip, but Aurora knew she couldn't.

It was a dinner for her aunt's 20 year wedding anniversary. If she didn't go, it would seem disrespectful. This was her favorite aunt, too.

She told Ashton how important it was, but he wouldn't listen. He just kept saying how she still didn't have her priorities straight and did she even love him and how could she keep blowing him off like this.

So she told her mom she was sick. She even stuck a finger in her mouth and threw up right in the toilet. Her mom believed her again.

When she felt less nauseous, she mustered up the energy to go over to Ashton's house. He was waiting there with anger in his eyes. Aurora had no idea why.

He said someone had seen Aurora with another guy. He demanded to see Aurora's phone, and found that the last guy Aurora had texted was Luke Hemmings. She only sent him one message asking about the calculus homework. He only replied with one message telling her the page numbers.

Ashton threw her phone down and slammed his fist into the side of her arm. She fell backwards, unable to keep her balance. Time after time, his fist collided with various places on her body. Her arms, her shoulders, her stomach, her back, her legs, her neck. He even got a good sock to the eye.

He started yelling about loyalty and how he had always been loyal to her. She remembered when she heard about him and another girl, but she knew that couldn't be true.

When he was finished, he cried. Aurora felt bad for him, but she was in too much pain to move. She had taken the beating because that's what made him happy. He needed to let off his anger.

So as Ashton sat on the couch and cried into his hands, Aurora slid herself on the couch next to him, wincing with every small movement, and put her hand on his shoulder.

He said he loved her. And she said she loved him too.

-

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok i think a boy just asked me on a date and i think i just rejected him lord