fifteen

When she was in the hospital bed, the doctors asked what happened to her. She told them that the bruises were from her boyfriend. They said that that wasn't okay, but she told them it was. Because she still loved him and his beauty.

That's when they knew she needed help. She needed a therapist. When she saw Dr. Livingston, she said that Aurora had a different form of Stockholm syndrome. Aurora didn't believe it.

Dr. Livingston said that Ashton was trying to make her fall in love with him so he could use her. Aurora didn't believe this either.

She tried reminding Aurora that Ashton nearly killed her, multiple times. This seemed to spark a sense of remembrance in Aurora.

He hit her. He could've broken her ribs. He could have knocked her unconscious and beat her until her heart could no longer function. She could have died because of the boy who said he loved her.

Aurora began to understand. Week after week she went to therapy and week after week she became better. She realized what Ashton had done.

How he had captivated her in such a way that she lost sense of everything else. Her grades slipped, she grew distant from everyone else, she lost who she was.

He had broken her.