十八 › epilogue

„even in deep despair
you always make me laugh, by my side
you let me forget everything for a moment
play a song i know and one step
hold my hands and put my feet in, two steps
before i know it, the me of today
hopes for the you of tomorrow
my love only amounts to this
but my feelings will never change, for you baby
even if my love only amounts to this
i'll be your umbrella in the rain
i'll protect you on all your days"

15 years later.

"daddy, i made you and papa a laurel, look!"

"aw thank you haneul, it's so pretty!"

"wait daddy, i also made you one!" another kid screamed running towards joshua.

"junghwa-ah you didn't take mine!" a boy went inside of the living room "uncle look, i also have one for you."

"thank you kui, that's so wholesome of you kids. now go to the toilet and wash your hands quickly 'cause papa made us dinner!" joshua said while walking inside the kitchen, standing behind jeonghan and back hugging him. the kids ran to the bathroom and started washing their hands one by one.

jeonghan warmly smiled and joshua left a kiss on his neck, slipping his hand through jeonghan's hair.

"ay, don't distract me joshuji!"

"it's been more than 15 years and you still call me by this nickname, amazing" jisoo smiled sweetly.

"you're mine anyways so do you have any problem with it?"

"not even one, honey."

"daddy, junghwa splashed me with water!" haneul screamed from the bathroom.

"then whipe it off, sweetie!" jeonghan screamed back. jisoo giggled and said.

"minghao and jun are going to take mingyu after dinner so maybe we could ask if they can take our kids with them so we might go on a date?"

jeonghan looked at joshua with a wild smile. "that's a really nice idea!"

"see how smart i am."

"pfft, sure."

...

"i'm so glad they agreed to take junghwa and haneul with them." joshua said while sitting on the couch. "we should go out, right?"

"i totally agree!"

"what about a walk to the park?"

"my favourite place on earth? you know my answer" jeonghan got up from where he was sitting and went straight to the hall. joshua came up to him and both dressed up.

they went outside, there was finally no need to go fast. they wanted to slowly walk around and do nothing but admire each other's beauty. jisoo suggested to sit down at one of the benches. while sitting down jeonghan rested his head on his, now husband's, arm.

"you don't know how happy i am to have you in my life, jeonghan"

"oh- out of nowhere?"

"i don't know why, but sometimes out of the blue i keep having these thoughts lately." joshua glanced at jeonghan "you're so happy and beautiful" he looked back at the nature "and in this moment we have nothing to be envious of if we somehow had the misfortune of being separated one day. what do we do then? i really don't want to imagine these things but sometimes it crosses my mind. i truly hope you don't have these thoughts." jisoo started crying. "i feel like i always receive so much from you that's why i'm so grateful to the point of tears.."

"joshua, don't say that. never. even if something really happens, we are going to be together like we always have. you're my husband, that means i love you to the moon and back. nothing can beat the love we have. i will never leave you. i promise." jeonghan kissed joshua and smiled.

"i love you, angel."

"i love you too, joshuji."

and they lived happily ever after...