The Divine skit

"So not only our children are not alone in this universe, but also us?"

"Yes, your holiness. There are others like us out there. Well, mostly like us."

High above the sky on Earth, a hidden island floats. It is not made of concrete, not of glass, nor it is made of alloy or any metals, but of pure white cloud. Its candy cotton like texture gives it a magical aura. It float weightlessly in the sky almost as if it is lighter than the air itself. In its center laid a gargantuan tree of tremendous size. Its leaves cover almost the entire floating island. A grand palace rests above its great roots, a holy palace. Though white, it seems as if the palace and its many structures are one with the great tree. Gardens surround the palace. The grass and the plants look very well kept, white benches, gazebos and walkways can be seen dotting here and there.

Inside one of the gazebos, two figures can be seen relaxing, both look to be females. The table in front of them are laid with tea cups, various sweets and light snacks. They are having an afternoon tea break. The one in white robes put down a few cups of teas from a tray.

"What do you mean?" asked the one in white and green robes.

"Both us and them serve the same role. Both operate the same way. Both are seen the same way. Yet we are different." answered the one in white.

The one in white and green robes seems to be the superior one of the the two. Obviously, she is arguably one of the most influential and revered entity on the entire world, at least on planet Earth. She goes by many names, Great Mother, Dame Nature, Gaea. But most of her colleagues and her beloved children call her Gaia, the mother of nature, of all Earthly creations.

"Please do elaborate, dear."

She is clad in an ethereal robe of pure white, decorated with beautifully woven patterns of natural green. Leaves covers part of her robe from top to bottom, growing in a way that elevates her holy natural aura. Her gorgeous and naturally bright skin both looks full of life and at the same time quite literally gives off lively energy. Every now and then, flowers would bloom from the wall, from the seats or from the columns of the gazebo where she sits. Everywhere she goes, nature thrives, every one of her steps gives life to new seeds and saplings. Her silvery white hair flows gently with the wind. Her ethereal beauty are one with the world itself.

"It is a very clear different. You and your colleagues are benevolent to this world's children. But they are not. At least several of them are."

Her ethereal beauty and well-being comes in one with nature's own beauty. Which mean she herself reflect the state of the world. If the world is healthy, then she is healthy. If the world is diseased, she falls into illness. And if the world dies, she will follow it to the abyss. The world came awfully close to dying many times, some are due to natural causes, those are very long ago. But most of them are very recent, only mere centuries ago. And of course the cause of them are artificial, meaning her most beloved subjects and children, humans. The amount of pollution and damages they dealt to the both nature and the world itself is enormous. But never once did she lose fate in them, she endure the pain and the sickness, bedridden in her chamber in the palace for more than 200 years, willingly suffers for her children to grow.

"To them, the world is theirs, free to do whatever they please. I see it fitting to compare them to spoiled brats who has all the power backing them up."

Grow her children did. Thankfully they managed to mature beyond their selfish selves and began to "cure" her by saving the planet. The 21st century was the great turning point. For once after hundreds of years, she starts to feel better instead of getting worse after every year. And now she is completely back to being healthy again, in fact she is much healthier than ever before in her entire existence. All of the techniques and technologies her children employ to "care" for her are so much better than anything real nature can ever do. The pain that she endures, what she calls the "fossil pain", was the era of widespread usage of fossil fuel by humanity. Even though it indeed generate a lot of pollution for the world, it also act as a stepping stone for the humans to develop sufficient advance technology. Over the 300 or so years, fossil fuel becomes a sort of boost to civilization, to temporary power it just enough to create conditions where humans develop better solutions for energy production. And her children did just that.

"And their children?"

"Nothing more than toys in their eyes."

She did eveything she could to create humanity. She endures the pain they create. She witness their life, in time of sorrow and in time of triumph. She is there, along side them, watching them grow. To say she is very proud of her now matured children is an understatement. She is very impressed with their growth. They achieve many feats that she and her colleagues could never even hope to achieve. Like the time when humans managed to imitate the Sun itself with the creation of fusion technology. Her children manage to do something only the bright stars in the great void above could do. In fact, they managed to do much better and with much more efficiency than the Sun, effectively outperforming it. Plus the creation of fusion is one of the way humans use to "cure" her, by replacing it with fossil energy, stopping pollution. Or the time when they learn how to break the shackles of gravity and escape the confine of the world, better yet, they reached the Moon and even Mars. She and her colleagues witness along side the humans the surface of entirely new worlds through their screens and devices. For the first time ever in the billions of years of existence, she get to see another world. Like many of the gods and goddesses of Earth, she can not leave its confine, unlike her children. Ever since then, she has been very much enjoying the constant new worlds that her children explores, thanks to the invention of interstellar travel, another thing she is heavily impressed by. And she is absolutely overjoyed when her name is used to name the united representative of humanity in the galaxy.

"Although there seems to be some that are just like us, very much like us in fact."

"Oh? So they are benevolent then?"

"Yes, your holiness."

*Ding*

Sound of a bell ring reach her ear.

"Oh, it's him again."

With a single swipe of her hand, a peculiar white square shape materialize out of thin air and hovers in front of her. She put down her cup of boba green tea with medium sugar and ice, then she grabs the white floating object. With a single swipe of her finger on the "screen", a 3D image appears in front of her materialize. An image of a man with long brown hair and brown beard appears. He is wearing a white and red robe with a glowing red and gold heart, along with a black tint sunglasses on his face. He is currently "flying" through the air riding on a motorcycle.

"Good afternoon, Jesus. What's up."

"Good afternoon, Gaia. Are you aware of the recent event?"

"Yes, I am. Our wonderful children are at it again, they really are full of energy, aren't they."

"Yeah, they are. But this time, it's not just simply a plain empty world. There are children of others living there, too."

"I am aware. And it seems like there are indeed other beings like us. But they don't seems to think like us."

"Really? This I didn't know. Is their anything else?"

"A number of them are not benevolent. They view themselves as 'overlords' and not 'deities'. This concerns me. Still, there are some that are benevolent like us."

"Hm, that is indeed going to pose quite a challenge. It looks like our children are going to be tested yet again."

"Well I am fully confident that they will prevail. I have complete faith in their abilities."

"Me, too."

"Where are you going, Jesus? If I might ask."

"Oh I'm ridin' to Asia. Going to give old buddy Buddha a visit. He seems to know about all of this, too."

"It's all over on social media. Even Allah is posting about it, too."

"Right. Anyway, catch you later, Gaia."

"See you later, Jesus." 

-------------------------

Happy April's Fool.

And no this is just a skit, there's no Earth gods or goddesses in my story. But if there are I would like to imagine this is how they are.