have phoenix x spiral cuz i'm on the brink of a mental breakdown

the title of this thing is the stupidest shit I've ever wrote

no seriously though, the unrequited love trope is basically the only thing I can write (which is sad and disappointing, ik), so have that)

spiral angst for you people bc i love seeing you suffer <3

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Spiral really looked like an idiot right now.

Everything seemed to be going wrong, well, for her at least, why did it seem like everyone was against her for no reason. Sure, she had Jack, Oscar, and Phoenix.

Phoenix.

Now she was thinking about something else.

Phoenix was all on her mind, now.

Well, how couldn't she be? She could spend all of her time talking about Phoenix and how she was one of the best people Spiral had ever met and how she missed her so much.

If anyone would listen, that is.

Spiral knew she was in love with Phoenix, she wouldn't keep putting herself through denial like other people did about their feelings towards someone. Spiral was in love with Phoenix. And that was that.

Then why did it seem like Phoenix suddenly walked out of her life?

After all those years, she stuck by her, watching her grow into a different person. Even with how stupid that might've sounded, Spiral just couldn't get over her.

She kept finding herself thinking of the girl.

It's like Phoenix wanted nothing to do with her anymore, she knew she probably meant no hard feelings though, ..right?

Spiral closed her eyes, trying to convince herself everything happening was all just a bad dream, trying to convince herself that this was all fake and when she opened them Phoenix would be right beside her.

"Ow! Spiral, that hurts!"

"Well if you would stay still, maybe it would hurt less!"

"It's a burn, Spiral. How do you expect it not to hurt?" Phoenix winced as Spiral bandaged her wound, closing her eyes, as she was obviously uncomfortable.

"Aren't you a fire warrior or something? Shouldn't you be, like- immune to burns or something?" Phoenix blinked at Spiral, as if she was speaking a foreign language.

"FIRE WARRIOR?!? Are you making fun of me!"

"What? No! I'd never!" Spiral smiled innocently. Phoenix smacked her in the shoulder, crossing her arms.

"You're evil, Spiral".

"How could you, Phoenix? I thought you loved me?"

"I never said that".

Spiral let out a gasp of fake offense, dramatically falling into Phoenix's arms. "This is unfair! You said you loved me".

Phoenix looked down at the girl lying her head down on her lap, preventing a smile from from appearing in her face.

"You are such an idiot, Spiral".

"Maybe I am, but you still love me for it".

"Didn't I just say I didn't love you?"

"Eh, you were just in denial, Phoenix" Spiral still lied there in Phoenix's arms, looking up at her with a small smile.

"You'll come around".

"Will I?"

"Yep" Spiral laughed, pinching Phoenix's cheek. "It just takes some time".

Spiral groaned, covering her face with her hands. It was always that memory, the one that would make her tense up and go red, just thinking about how close she used to be with Phoenix, made her want to faint from embarrassment, but also immense joy, for an unknown reason.

She massaged her temples, attempting to calm herself down and think about something else for a change, like the math homework on her desk which was due tomorrow and she hadn't even started yet.

Taking a deep breath, she laid her head onto the table.

"What the actual fuck is going on with me..?"

idk what i just wrote but it's something alright

i'm also sure this doesn't classify as angst but i'm sleep deprived and want more coffee, so i can't really think straight at the moment.

phoenix x spiral. but more spiral than phoenix.