haha phoenix x spiral go brr

"Why are you still awake?"

Though what Spiral had said was loud and clear, according to her, the girl in front of her didn't turn back, not once, she didn't even seem to notice Spiral's presence.

Spiral blinked, sitting down beside Phoenix, who was busy playing with the red glowing crystal in her hands, eyes narrowed as she looked like she was studying said thing, ignoring everything else happening everywhere else.

She saw the pure concentration on her face, which was noticeable to anyone who was within a few feet of her, it made Spiral chuckle, watching her focus so hard on just one small thing.

"Hm? What did you say?" Phoenix looked towards Spiral, snapping back into reality once she had realized Spiral was beside her, waiting for her to repeat what she had said before.

"Oh, I asked you why your still up" She repeats, looking at Phoenix with a small smile.

Phoenix processes her words for a second, before diverting her attention back onto the red crystal in her hands, clearly not wanting to answer Spiral's question, which she expected.

Spiral sighed, watching Phoenix begin fiddling with the crystal which was glowing in her hands. "Phoenix, you were just discharged from the hospital, I think you need to rest".

"I don't need to".

"You do need to".

Phoenix mumbled something under her breath, biting her lip as she averted her gaze from Spiral, trying to look anywhere else but at the girl beside her.

"You need to-"

"I don't need to do anything" Phoenix quickly cut into her sentence, her eyes now focused on the element that shined in her hands, not wanting to let it go anytime soon.

Spiral knew she wasn't gonna get anything out of Phoenix, so she decided to focus on anything else, since it was obvious Phoenix wouldn't leave her spot. "Why are you playing with the crystal?"

Phoenix glanced up at her, before looking back at the crystal. "I'm not playing with it, I'm trying to figure out what it does, and where it came from" She explained, making Spiral blink.

"By tossing it around in your hands?"

"I'm not tossing it around".

"Then.. what are you doing?"

Phoenix darted her eyes around, groaning at whatever had disturbed her. She put the element back around her neck and finally looked at Spiral in the eyes, humming before turning away once again.

Without saying anything, Spiral found herself staring at Phoenix, seemingly getting mesmerized by her presence alone. She couldn't help but admire the pretty girl beside her, who was now humming to herself.

Has she always been this pretty? Or-

"Um, earth to Spiral?"

Snapping herself back into reality, Spiral cleared her throat, trying to keep her cool as she looked back at Phoenix with confusion on her features.

"Yeah?"

"Why were you staring at me?"

"I wasn't staring at you".

"Yes you were".

"No I wasn't".

"Yes you were".

"No I wasn't".

"Yes you were".

"No I wasn't".

Phoenix laughed at the way Spiral's face turned red due to her teasing. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding".

Spiral crossed her arms, noticing how Phoenix's eyes looked like they were slowly getting heavier and were about to close. "See? Your tired, Phoenix".

"I'm not" Phoenix rubbed her eyes, trying to make it look like she wasn't sleep deprived.

Spiral rolled her eyes, a playful scoff leaving her lips as she put Phoenix's head on her shoulder, not minding the rebuttal Phoenix gave her. "Please just sleep, it's two am and I'm in no mood to fight with you about your health".

Phoenix mumbled something under her breath and crossed her arms, though she didn't move from her spot, and kept her head on Spiral's shoulder.

"I hate you so much.."

"Yeah yeah, now shut up and get some sleep".

Happy pride month :)

This is so poorly written, I don't even know what I was trying to do and I don't have have some sort of excuse for my horrible writing so take it.

Stan TXT and stream blue hour !