Chapter 12

Lucy's POV

I yawned, and was the first up. Perfect.

I changed into normal clothes and silently creeped out of the room. The door creaked only a little and Rachel rolled over. It was only 5:30 in the morning so it was still dark.

He was there. Just looking in all the rooms, luckily I was able to sneak into a room he already looked in. I knew he was looking for me, but did he have to be so secretive? Poor Kiera thought of him as an illusion... I will tell her, but not now.

I headed for the window in the room I was in, until I realized what room I was in... The boys' room. The boys' room was the smallest and most crowded, also boys were all over the floor.

"Damn..." I thought. If I wasn't careful I could get caught. I took a step forward and almost stepped on a face, Daniel's face. I kicked him in the ear and continued after covering his mouth so his yell wouldn't wake the others. I slid the window open and jumped.

The jump wasn't so bad because I landed in a soft bush. It was still cold so I was happy I put on a black sweater. I looked around to see if anyone was watching then I ran to the parking lot.

I looked and saw every car except the one I wanted to see. Detective Matthews car.

"If he wanted to be so secret he obviously wouldn't want anyone to know he's here... C'mon Lucy! Five years in the agency should've taught you simple things like this!" I whispered to myself.

I heard a crunch behind me. I whipped my head around... Nothing. Nothing at all. I took a deep breath and walked towards the entrance of the camp.

A small red car sat there, classic Detective Matthews... He always did have quite the weird taste.

I opened the door with a paper clip I had in my pocket, then I searched for another thing... My I.D.
***************************^******************

Keira's POV

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. Half awake I looked around the room Lily was... in the closet...? Brianna was in her bed, fine. Rachel was half hanging out of her bed, and she was sleeping on the top bunk. But Lucy was gone...

I tiptoed out of the room. When I was out the boy's door was open and there was a cool breeze coming out. I peeked in and the window was open, so I went to check it out. I leaned out, but I leaned too far and started to fall.

"Holy Jesus... Where am I going..." I said, luckily I fell on a bush. I saw a couple foot prints in the mud, so I started to follow them.

I saw a red car and a figure looking in it.

"Umm... Sir? Can you tell me if you've seen a girl around here? Sir...?" I said, I was pretty far away but close enough to hear him whispering to himself.

"So... You think I'm a sir, Kiera?" Whoever it was, turned slightly.

"H-how do you know my name? Who are you!" I yelled.

"Oh I know Kiera, and before I revile myself I want you to know I would never want to hurt you... Ok?" The person stayed in the dark.

"Ok, I guess..." I was worried they were a murderer or a kidnapper.

The person turned and flipped their hood up.

"LUCY? What the-" I yelled.

"Shhhhh!" She whispered back. "Look, I know you're mildly confused what I'm doing breaking into this car that is not mine or your's ..."

"Yes I'm very confused right now! And if you would be so kind as to tell me what's going on! I would also like to know about that stupid shadow!" I whispered loud enough that she could hear me, but quite enough for no one else to hear.

"Ahhhh..." She sighed and ran her hand through her hair. "Okay, Okay... Let's go somewhere else..." Then she led me away.

She dragged me into the woods.

"L-Lucy... You don't plan to kill me, do you?" I asked nervously.

"Nope. But you'll feel like dying..." Lucy stared at the ground.

We stopped at a tree that fell over and sat down.

"I'm so sorry..." Lucy said into her hands.

"What? You know you can tell me anything." I put my hand on her thigh.

"No!" I jumped back. "I-I haven't told you so many things... I don't know where to start." Lucy stared at me.

We were silent sitting in the dark, just staring.

"I'm not the Lucy you think I am..."She looked at her hands.

"Of course you are! You're like a sister to me!" I said.

"Maybe, to you... But, I-I..."

"Spit it out already!" I joked.

"I... Killed you real parents." She gazed at me.