Chapter 13

Lucy's POV

I said it... The reason Detective Matthews was here, to get me and put me in jail... For life.

Kiera looked at me like I was crazy, then started laughing.

"You really got me for a second! Lucy, did anyone ever tell you were a great actor? Cause you're great!" She started to laugh again.

"No! Stop!" She stopped and backed up. "I really did that! I've been running away from it my whole life! I was in that car to get my I.D so I could leave!"

"Leave...? Why?" Kiera mumbled.

"Because that 'shadow' you've been seeing is Detective Matthews, and he's here to take me to jail. But I can't leave without an I.D and he stole it! I'm wanted, okay?" I shouted.

Kiera looked down, playing with the dirt with her feet."Is this it for us? The unbreakable trio?" She chuckled.

"No. It'll never be over... I'm really sorry Kiera. I wish I could make it better, I really do." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I really miss my mum and all, but I know you did it for a good reason..." Kiera took the hand that was on her shoulder. "And I'm gonna miss you too..."

I got up off the log and waved. Then, with my I.D, I left. I ran to a random car, broke the window, looked back to Kiera walking towards the cabin, and high- jacked the car.

***************************************

Kiera's POV

She left. I cried. I didn't cry in front of her, I didn't want my, maybe, last impression to seem like I was weak. I loved my mom and she loved me, the same for my dad.

One morning I just saw them there, dead. It ruined my life! She was right... I did want to die.

I collapsed on the wet ground crying.

"How could she do this to me? We were sisters! Why did she do it? I lied about knowing why... I just want my parents back!" I thought.

I sobbed for about an hour. Brianna found me at 6:15 and took me inside.

***************************************

Brianna's POV

I woke up and found Kiera crying her heart out in the parking lot, still in her pyjamas.

"Kiera! Kiera! What the hell are you doing out here?" I yelled running towards her.

She whimpered and got up. I took my sweater sleeve and wiped her tears.

"My sweater is soaked!" I thought.

"I-I don't know where Lucy is..." She stuttered.

"Okay, alright, c'mon..." I put my arm around her and we walked back to the cabin.

Luckily no one else was up and she could get changed alone after I went out of the room.

Johnny stumbled out into the hallway.

"What the hell is happening?" He rubbed is eyes.

"Let's begin shall we?" I started. "Kiera is sorta having a break-down, Daniel's ear is bleeding, also, Lucy is missing."

"Lucy? Missing?" His eyes went big.

"What? Like you care." I raised an eyebrow.

"Well... I do care! It's just..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I know about the pregnant stuff." I whispered.

"How...?" He stared at me.

"Shhhhhh... I have ears everywhere..." Then I backed into a dark corner.

*************************************
Lucy's POV

It was about 9:00 when I reached the first gas station. I got some Gummy-Worms and some Pepsi. Then I hit the road again.

I was nervous that Detective Matthews would call the police... But I know he'll hesitate because of what we've been through together.