High School Day 5

~The Next Morning~

I walked through the doors of the school looking for Mickey and Laylie. After Hassan mom told me where he was I passed by and saw his car, so I went home and cut my phone off. I woke up confused and wanting to know answers.

I walked towards my locker and saw Rashad , Ashanti and Dania talking. "You guys seen Mickey or Laylie ?" I ask. Mostly Rashad but if they wanna answer its fine by me.

"I seen Laylie go down that hallway , and I don't know about Mickey." Ashanti tells me. I walked away and started to go through the hallway she pointed at. I seen Laylie just leaning on the wall on her phone.

"Laylie ?" She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Aaliyah."

"Why was Hassan at your house ?" She chuckled.

"First off calm down. Second he just came over for a project." She put her phone in her back pocket. "Anything else ?"

"What project?-"

"Journalism."

"When it's due?-"

"Tomorrow." Mickey came up and smiled a little.

"Hey Aaliyah-"

"Why was Hassan at your house yesterday ?" I ask her. I look at Laylie to make sure she doesn't say anything. She just smirked and looked at Mickey.

"I think they had to work on a project." She told me not once looking at Laylie.

"For wha-"

"Journalism I think." She didn't once look at Laylie.

"Yall have journalism together ?" I asks Laylie and she nodded. "What period ?"

"5th." She rolled her eyes. "Any more questions ?" She spoke with attitude. I calmed down and took a deep breath.

"Sorry." I just accused her of something that's possibly not even true. I feel bad.

"You good." She smiled and gave me a hug. She pulled away. "Don't be insecure, he loves you." She walked away smiling at Mickey.

"Are you okay ?" I nodded and just walked away.

.....

~Later That Day~

I was walking to class when Hassan came up to me. "Hey , Laylie said you asked about me." He stopped me and looking me in my eyes.

I can't bring myself to think he's cheating on me but I have a feeling he is. "Why were you at her house ?" I stared him in his eyes hoping truth would come out.

"For a project in journalism." His eyes looked so truthful. "Look baby just trust me, okay ?" I half smiled.

"Okay." He gave me a kiss and a hug.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He pulled back smiling.

At lunch it was unusually quiet. No one was arguing or firing shot at eachother it was just weird today. "Is everyone ok?" Mickey asks looking at everyone confused.

"Yeah, I'm good." Laylie says shrugging. She looks at everyone else and they just nod and shrug. It felt like an unusual vibe was with us today.

"Why is everybody so quiet ?" Mickey chuckles looking at everyone.

After lunch I was walking to class still thinking about Hassan. I walked into the office and signed in. "Hey Ms.Jackson." I smiled.

"Hey honey boo boo." She laughed. She looked at my face and saw something was wrong. "What's wrong baby ?"