VI. Vader.

I ran rapidly. The sound of crushing leaves and sticks beneath my feet filled my ears. It was the only other sound, besides that of my heart. My ankles stung with every footstep I took. The pain was excruciating but I had to get away.

Tall trees overhead cast frightening shadows on the ground, hardly allowing any moonlight to slither it's way through them. Air whipped against my face, sending long, dry strands of my hair flying in the warm evening breeze.

" I'm gonna getcha! " A taunting voice breathed beside me, across my neck. I cringed and swung my hand in the direction it came from but my clenched fist only hit air.

Sweat dripped down my spine and my forehead. My hair was drenched in it as well. My body felt warm yet sticky. I took a quick glance and was immediately taken aback.
The short yellow nightgown I was wearing was stained in blood, that gushed out of a wound on my chest. Panicking, I stopped in my tracks and observed the wound. My breath was caught in my lungs and no word would leave my lips no matter how hard I tried.
Hanging out of the wound, was a slim, long, silver chain. I coiled my fingers around the chain and tugged at it.

It broke.

Leaving my possible death weapon stuck in my chest.

I inhaled sharply but air wouldn't go in. Hesitantly, I put my fingers carefully into the wound . My nails scrapped against the swollen skin of my inner chest and I screamed with ever touch.

My fingers came across something smooth and hard. I slowly closed my eyes, and pulled it out quickly despite the immense pain I was feeling.

It was a sharp stone. It was an onyx of colours. Gorgeous as it may have been, it could have killed me. I traced my finger over a small rough part and turned the rock over. An engraving.

I wiped over it with my finger and begun to read what was there.

" 14073•Olive • Xe - "

Before I could finish reading the engraving, I was swooped up and my eyes filled with dreadfully uncharted darkness.

I jerked upwards quickly into a sitting position, fluttering my eyes open as a piercing scream escaped my lips. My heartbeat was too fast, too loud for my liking. And my breathing just as heavy.

The door to the room flew open , where three shadows leapt into the room. Ro and Anna sprinted inside quickly to the bedside where I sat breathlessly. The seemed very concerned about my wellbeing but I was too petrified to utter a word. I don't know what petrified me more, the thought that I could be chased in my dreams, or that it could all come true.

" Maybe we should get back to bed. " Anna suggested quietly, which everyone agreed to. All but me. Shaking my head, I pounced out of the bed and headed for the door. I pulled it back completely and dashed out.

Something felt familiar. From my shoulders to just above my knee lay a silky yellow nightgown, Identical to that of the dream's. I came to an instant haut.
I fixated my eyes on the window straight ahead of me, that overlooked the view of the residential park. In the corner of the window, a thin tall shadow stood with its eyes luminous, starring back at me.

My heart dropped into my stomach. The air was stuffy, intoxicating even. The vile smell of death filled the room. Adrenaline flooded my system but before I could get myself to use it, I was roped with hands of steel that snaked their way around my neck .

" Hello ,Leah. Miss me much? " He whispered in my ear. I felt limp in his arms. The awful sensation of agony filled my entire body, making me cringe at every breath I took hoping so badly that they wouldn't be my last.