Chapter 10: The Day of the Doctor Part Two

"I now pronounce you man and wife." The Clergyman announces to Ten and Elizabeth, who stand arm in arm, in the courtyard of the tower with Clara, Kathy, Eleven and the War Doctor watching on. The clergyman stands in front of a large tent.

"Woo hoo!" Clara cheers.

"You may kiss the bride."

Ten gives his 'wife' a strained smile but this doesn't deter Elizabeth, who grabs his face and does the enthusiastic kissing. Clara cheerfully throws confetti at them but even she pulls a face at the display though all of them are.

"Is there a lot of this in the future?" The War Doctor asks his future self next to him sceptically, raising his eyebrows at the sight in front of them.

"It does start to happen, yeah." Eleven replies.

"It's quite funny when you think about it." Kathy giggles. They stare at her in disbelief. "Or not?"

Ten eventually pulls himself away.

"God speed, my love," Elizabeth says.

"I will be right back." Ten runs into the TARDIS in quick speed, not looking back. Kathy waves at Elizabeth as she follows the others inside the TARDIS.

"Right then, back to the future." Eleven declares.

——

"You've let this place go a bit." The War Doctor mentions as he glances distastefully around Nine and Ten's console room.

"Ah, it's his grunge phase. He grows out of it." Eleven replies with a shrug.

"Oi, never dis the TARDIS!" Kathy exclaims. The TARDIS lets out an appreciative hum.

An alarm suddenly sounds and the console begins to spark. Kathy pulls Clara away from the TARDIS as Ten receives an electric shock from the console. The walls around the control room change in a blink, turning from bronze-coral to a white, lit up appearance with round circles in the wall.

"Ow!" Ten exclaims. "The desktop is glitching."

"Three of us from different time zones. It's trying to compensate." The War Doctor speaks thoughtfully.

"Hey, look, The round things!" Eleven points out with excitement, grinning widely.

"I love the round things." Ten catches his excitement.

"What are the round things?"

"No idea."

"Sometimes I wonder if you know anything about TARDISes." Kathy shakes her head at them smiling.

"Yes, we do!" Eleven exclaims offended. "I'll show you!" He darts over to the console. "This is the friction contrafibulator." He fiddles and the controls spark again and the desktop outlook shifts into Eleven's later control room look. "Ha! There, stabilised."

It is Ten's turn to give the room a once over, "Oh, you've redecorated." Eleven starts to smile but then, channelling the Second Doctor, Ten pulls a face and mutters, "I don't like it."

"Oh. Oh yeah? Oh, you never do." Eleven pouts.

Kathy shakes her head. "Listen, the Zygons have access to the Black Archive through using Osgood and Kate's appearances. We need to get there."  All three Doctors go quiet and look at each other in trepidation.