𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕: 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭

TW: talk of death, sad shit

Ada's POV

 7 days.

That's how long Elijah has been gone.

He's never away for that long, ever. He always comes home. Except for this time.

I sighed as I ended the call again, the repeated voicemail sound echoing on repeat as I rubbed my temples in exasperation.

"Still nothing?" Emmy asked as she watched me carefully from across the dining table.

I shook my head with an exhale, "I don't know what to do, what if something's wrong?"

She breathed in deeply, "You're gonna have to get into contact with the police."

I scoffed, "I am the police, just the fancy version who don't shoot innocent people because they damn well feel like it."

"Well then, do something." She spoke simply, "Don't you have a crazy hacker guy who can track shit for you?"

"Language." I muttered, "But yes, I could ask Penelope, but it would seem suspicious that I'm having to track his phone, a responsible sibling wouldn't need a tracker to know where her brother is."

"Well, our sibling relationships are slightly more complicated than that." She responded with a smile, "Why don't you ask Hotch?"

Hotch. I hadn't seen him in 7 days either. He got a phone call from Jack's school before he had even finished his coffee, so had to leave. I hadn't been to work either, Hotch forced me to take some time off to sort out the house after he saw the state that we had been living in. I hadn't gotten much done, I managed to scrub the majority of the graffiti off of the walls, but now they have slightly stained a brownish colour from the mixture of paint. Insulation now filled the hole in the wall, we had some leftover from when I had to patch up a window a few years ago. So, things were looking slightly more normal, not good, but normal.

"Yeh I might, he has that kind of intimidation where Penelope would do anything he asked without question." I answered, "You know what, I'm gonna do that now."

I wanted to find out what was going on with Elijah, but also, I just wanted a good excuse to talk to Hotch again.

I pulled out my phone, clicked on his name, and put it up to my ear, the phone ringing a couple of times before he answered.

"Hotchner."

"So serious." I chuckled at his monotone greeting.

"Oh," He let out a breathy exhale that may or may not have been a laugh, "Ada, how are you?"

I leaned back into the chair, "I need help."

"Need help with what?" He asked.

"Elijah's missing, well he's not technically missing, actually, no, he is 100% missing, like the definition of missing-"