Merry Christmas

Emily's POV

Sighing, I take a slow walk up to my sisters new bedroom and knock lightly on the door. Hoping she replies.

"Ri? Can I come in?" I quiz politely. Nothing could be heard from her side. So I ask again.

"Ri please" I plead. Then a heard a loud groan and footsteps that get louder and louder, meaning she must be approaching the door.

"what do you want Em?" she asks through the door. She sounds tired.

"you've been shutting yourself away for the past few weeks. I want to know what's wrong" I explain softly. Reluctantly she finally opens the door. Knowing I won't leave.

"you have 5 minutes" she says plainly. I walk over and take a seat on her bed, nodding as I do so.

She sits beside me and stays silent. Playing with her promise ring from James. I understand from that gesture its something to do with him.

"are you and James alright?" I ask suddenly. She doesn't look up at my question.

"ya. Why'd you ask?" she replues almost instantly.

"your playing with your promise ring so.."

"so?"

"that usually means that somethings wrong, probably involving James in some way" I explain. I know my sister more than she thinks I do.

"oh..."

"Ri what's wrong, Christmas is only a few days away I can't have you locking yourself away" I sigh placing a hand on her shoulder. She shifts away from me quickly.

Rileys POV:

I can't explain to Emily why I'm hiding away. It's too silly. She'll probably laugh at me and order me to join the rest of the family. And I don't want that.

I love my family and all but the one person I really want here isn't going to be here this year. So what's the point?

"I just want to be alone Em... I couldn't care less about Christmas" I say while getting up and walking over to my desk. Obviously she follows.

"now Ri I know you very well, you LOVE Christmas, there's something wrong. Tell me, please" she continues to plead. I roll me eyes and lean back in my chair. Spinning around until my focus is on my window sill, which is decorated with pictures of my and James.

She shuts up for a moment and follows me gaze. She sighs loudly once she sees what Im looking at.

"right well... I suppose I'll leave you be then" she sighs turning to leave. I'm kinda shocked at the fact that she actually agreed to leave me. I watch as she walks towards the door, opens it, and shuts it behind her. Once I hear her walking down the stairs I feel tears start to build.

Rising from my seat, I wonder towards the many pictures and pic one up. Its not long before I start crying.

Emily's POV:

I know exactly why my sister's acting so odd. She misses James. I can tell by the way she spends her days looking at the pictures of them both and how she crys over them every night.

I'm not stupid.

James has been away with his band for quite sometime now. There not due back for another couple of months and my sister is like a little lost puppy. And I know they have their little Christmas traditions that they've had to miss also.

I run downstairs quickly and look for my phone. Finally finding it in the living room with all the decorations for tomorrow. I pull up messager and search for James contact.