Chapter 7

Josie's POV

When I got home from school, I noticed my dad's car was here. Thats was weird to see because he's normally at work. I shrugged it off and walked up to unlocked the front door.

"Hey dad! I'm home!" I shouted hoping he would come and greet me. Sure enough he came out from the living room.

He started walking towards me. "Give me your phone Josie." He sounded like he was drunk. This wasn't a normal drunk this was way over the top drunk.

I handed him my phone then he threw it on the ground. "What the hell dad?!"

He smacked me. "Don't use that tone with me missy."

Now I was really scared. Why would he hit me? He would never hit me. But he just did.

"Dad what are you doing?!" I started running for the door. He grabbed my arm and yanked me to back causing me to fall on the ground. He kicked me a few times after I was on the ground.

"No dinner. Go to your room and don't come out till morning." He stomped away. I tried to get up and walk but the pain in my stomach was pretty bad. I just crawled to my room.

When I got to my room I started to break down. Why would he get so drunk? Why would he hit me? He was supposed to be the one to comfort me when ever him and my mom got in an argument. He was supposed to be the one I look up to. He was the only person I trusted. Sure i trusted Jimmy and them all but this is different. Im supposed to tell him everything. He's the one I turn to when I don't know what to do.

I soon began to feel myself drift off into a deep depressing sleep.