Chapter 4: Casanova

Meg's POV

What are you thinking? May utak ka naman, bakit di mo naisip na ipreno minsan yang bibig mo? I sighed as I looked outside the window, I am riding a bus going to school. It's 6 AM, our class will start at 7 AM. It is calming. Hmmm...I enjoy the morning breeze that's why I always wake up early to avoid traffic. You will only enjoy the trip sa ganitong oras or some time before sunset, the route to our school has a sea view. There is also a mangrove forest and "Irasan" (Salt fields) along the way. You can never imagine how magnificent the view is. How the morning rays touch the groves' branches at sunrise and how the crimson sky meets the sea at sunset.

The city where our school is located is somewhat called a floating island, there is only one route to go inside and outside of it

I thought my regular daydreaming will drown my worries but it's hopeless. It's been a week since that incident happened-----the only time that I let my guard down carelessly. Mula ng mangyari yon, some of my classmates approach me, nagtatanong kung may assignment na ba ko, if kung pwede ko ba silang maging seatmate sa gantong subject, and the guys, ha! especially the "Lord Jace Group" there were like watching each move that I will make. I felt like I was prey for an all-boys wolf pack.

This is why I don't want to expose myself, my planned peaceful life ended soon and now chaotic days are gladly welcoming me. This is so infuriating. I laughed loudly, some luck---my luck. I just got back into reality and realized that the people on the bus are staring at me. Shoot! No Meg, think straight don't let your day be ruined again. How I wish that the gust of wind will wipe out the embarrassment and worries I have.

Swift's Love Story plays next on the radio, it's been a hit since last year. This song tells a happy ending for Romeo and Juliet unlike the original Shakespeare's version wherein the star-crossed lovers meet a tragic ending. However, they both describe the love between these two as an overpowering force that can conquer all. Will I ever experience this kind of love?

I arrived at school 20 minutes before class. Its still early, wala pa sila Cee at Jasmine. I found my seat and think what is our recent lesson for our English class as I turn the pages of my notebook. I decided not to try too hard to hide how smart I can be. Siguro I'll try to answer when nobody can. Naisip kong dadating din yung time na masasanay na ko sa sitwasyon ko ngayon. I can say "NO" naman siguro to the people who I feel will take advantage of me. Isa-isang dumating yung mga classmate ko. The room gets crowded and noisy. I wonder when Cee will arrive.

Then in the corner of my eye, I saw you. You entered the room, you were carrying a big bag on your back. Oh, I think it's a guitar bag. Anong meron? May talent show ba today?