Trust and Love

"Broken souls scarred with the wounds from their demons, playing a game of trust and love" - dunno

***

Splashing cold water onto her freshly washed face, Anastasia let out a heavy sigh. How had she gotten herself into this mess? Hoseok and Jimin hadn't stayed long, leaving her to gather her wits in peace, but it hadn't been much help. She needed to talk to Jungkook.

Staring at herself in the mirror, hair pushed back with a fluffy headband and her dress still clinging to her body, she looked ridiculous — just like the mess her life had become.

Exiting the bathroom, she didn't see anyone on her way to her room, and perhaps that was a good thing, despite the slight loneliness that settled in her chest. When it came to them, she had no self-control. Worrying her bottom lip, she absentmindedly picked out one of Jungkook's old white t-shirts and began to try and unzip her dress.

"Need help?"

Squealing, she recoiled into a crouch, only relaxing when she recognized Jungkook in the doorway.

"Dammit, Kook, you scared me," Her voice was airy from the fright and he smiled sheepishly.

The air between them felt a little forced, but Anastasia couldn't imagine it lasting long. She never could stay mad at him when everything about him made her want to give him just that — everything.

"I'm sorry, I thought you'd heard me come in," He explained, taking a step into her space. She knew his signs, he was moments from wrapping himself around her for comfort.

Bracing herself, h did just as predicted and wrapped her in his arms, nuzzling his nose into her neck.

Her eyes slid shut and she reluctantly hugged him back.

Why couldn't she have met a nice average boy and fallen head over heels for him, instead? Why did it have to be Jungkook? The needy, secretive, selfish Jungkook? And why, oh why, did it have to be the six closest people to Jungkook?

Why did her heart flutter every time Seokjin was a subtle gentleman? Why did she feel like she could trust Yoongi with her every secret, even when he was so obviously not to be trusted? And Hoseok with his arrogant swagger that swept her into his world, even when she knew she didn't belong there? Why did Namjoon's attention make her feel as if she was the only relevant subject? What about Jimin's hot and cold act made him so alluring? Taehyung, she just knew if she showed him even an ounce of weakness, he would take it and run, spinning spiderwebs in her head.

Jungkook, though, she definitely had it the worst for him. A person she no longer recognized. In the weeks passed, she'd realized, maybe she never really knew him at all. She hadn't known what was truly important to him, and maybe that was the worst part of it all—realizing nothing was real.

"Jungkook, do you love me?" She instantly regretted asking.

Pulling back, he tilted his curiously, his expression softening, "Anastasia, you're more important to me than I will ever be able to put into words"

She didn't comment, so he continued, "I know the last few weeks have been overwhelming, but I don't want to lose you."

His fresh, minty breath fanned across her face and she closed her eyes, accepting that her next move might be a mistake.

Yanking him down to her level, she heard him let out a small squeak in surprise, only to be silenced by their lips connecting. His reaction was instant, hands coming to her cheeks to deepen the kiss. There was no hesitation in his movements and it spread warmth through her body.