An Angel

"And everyone thinks you're an angel, but shit, I would probably use different wording" - Sabrina Carpenter

*

Seeing Jimin awake on the hospital bed, albeit very pale, sent a surge of relief through Anastasia. The entire drive to there, she'd kept herself glued to Yoongi's side, worried sick and afraid to be alone. Although he hadn't wrapped his arms back around her, he did let her latch onto his arm for the whole ride and walk to Jimin's room, without complaint.

"Taz!" Jimin's face morphed into a bright smile. Taehyung, who'd been quietly murmuring to him, also turned at their arrival.

"You're okay," she sagged, crossing the distance between them and grabbing Jimin's outstretched hand. "I'm so sorry for pushing you, I didn't know, I didn't," She couldn't finish, wracked with heaving sobs.

Jimin wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to his chest so she could hear his heart beating. It still wasn't as strong as she thought it should be, but he was warm and alive.

Climbing into bed beside him, she squeezed herself as close as possible, finally letting herself relax. "Don't leave without me again" she pleaded.

"Where am I gonna go, jagiya? You've got me held down," his sweet giggle was like music to her ears.

Peaking over at Taehyung, he held her stare blankly for a moment before his expression morphed into something kinder. Stretching her hand out, she silently asked for him.

Leaning in, he grabbed her hand, but in contrast to the soft kiss on the back of her hand, his grip was tense and possessive. The moment didn't last more than five seconds before he pulled away and turned to Namjoon.

"What happened with Changwook?"

Anastasia tensed, not sure she wanted to listen to this conversation.

"Jungkook is with him"

There was silence after, everyone in the room understanding.

Junkook's deep brown eyes came to mind, his usual sweet expression tarnished by anger. Anastasia shivered and curled in closer to Jimin.

"Sleep, jagiya, we'll be here when you wake up"

And so she let herself drift off to sleep.

***

She woke to an empty bed.

Jerking, she felt tears begin to form at the prospect of being left alone. They'd lied! Of course, all they did was lie to her — she spotted Seokjin sleeping on the chair beside the bed.

Flying off the uncomfortable hospital bed and onto his lap, she curled into a ball and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Aside from jumping a bit when she touched him, he didn't respond, only staring sleepily at her with a brow raised.

"You promised you wouldn't leave"

"I'm here aren't I?"

She pouted but didn't argue. Technically he'd kept their promise, but she had meant she didn't want to wake up alone.

Seokjin lazily wrapped an arm around her waist and closed his eyes again, resting his head back against the wall. Although she was wide awake from her small adrenaline rush, she didn't move from his lap and settled to wait until everyone returned.

Was Jungkook back? He hadn't...killed Changwook, right? He was older and more mature than before, he wouldn't. Besides, he was Seokjin's older brother, that had to mean something. Although with the way that Seokjin seemed totally relaxed, she doubted it meant much to him.