6.5

tw (brief mention of past sa and suicidal thoughts)

the past week has been hard for louis. he's not really used to not speaking to his friends, but after his fight with zayn and niall, he hasn't spoken to anyone besides luke. who won't let louis be alone in his dip for more than a minute.

louis tried to ignore it by solely focusing on his work, which worked for about an hour before he lost his concentration. he tried reading, but the stupid psychology book was honestly just calling him out, so he put the book away, too. he then tried talking to luke about what happened, but he knew zayn hadn't told them what happened and well, despite everything, he wasn't going to break zayn's trust like that. like zayn did. but without the right context, it just seemed like louis was overreacting, so halfway through his story, he changed the subject.

"c'mon, love, 'm bored," luke says, repeatedly poking louis' arm. he wants to go out, but not without louis. and it would've been sweet, if not for the fact that the only reason luke's this adamant on louis coming with is because of the fact that louis' sulking.

"jesus, luke, i've told you already, i don't want to go," louis grumbles, frowning at the younger boy. luke sighs loudly, shaking his head.

"are you still upset about your fight with zayn?" he asks. louis drops his head and nods shamefully. it feels like he should be over it, because it wasn't about him, not really. he should be with zayn, but on the other hand he feels betrayed. he's not sure whether that makes sense or not, but he trusted zayn. he trusted zayn to tell the truth. fuck, he'd trust zayn with any and everything, and it hurts him, that zayn wouldn't trust him. after everything that they went through together, after all the secrets he's kept for zayn.

"do you think i'm overreacting?" louis asks. luke smiles softly. he lays down, his head in louis' lap and almost automatically louis' hand makes it way to luke's hair.

"i think that you're hurt," luke says. "and i think that you're more than allowed to be. and i'll kick his ass if you want me to." louis laughs at that, slightly tugging at luke's hair. "what? i totally would for you." louis leans down and kisses luke.

"i know you would, darling." for a while before luke, louis was sure he wasn't capable of falling in love. he had seen zayn and harry fall in love with each other, niall loved his ex girlfriend for a while, liam was in love with indy. and louis— well, louis had never really loved anyone. except then he met luke, in that dingy 24/7 shop, and for a moment it was like he couldn't breath. he hadn't quite realised what it was back then, but now. now, he's quite sure that he's going to marry luke someday soon. "you should go out, if you want to."

"i don't want you to be alone," luke quietly admits, staring at louis like he does every time. eyes filled with so much love, it makes louis' stomach turn every single time.

"i'll be fine, love. besides i've got to be up early tomorrow," louis says, running his finger over the slope of luke's nose. his eyes flutter shut and he smiles again. god, luke is the most beautiful person in the whole wide universe, louis' sure of it. "and maybe, the two of us can go out tomorrow."

"we'll dress up nicely and call it a date," luke easily agrees. louis laughs slightly. last time they dressed up nicely for a date, they'd ended up pissed in a mcdonalds, barely making their way back to their apartment. they fell asleep in the doorway. and they woke up with the worst hangover, but god, it was so worth it. "we won't drink this time, i promise."

"whatever you want," louis hums. "go on, then. ash is waiting, isn't he?" he's looking at luke and it feels like there's nothing else in the world, no worries, no fights. just luke and his loving smile. sometimes louis wishes he could stay in a moment, this is one of those times.