0.4

"niall, please, i beg you!"

"no. ask zayn."

"zayn has black hair, he can't do it!"

"well, fucking dye his hair then. or make him wear a wig."

"he won't do it. ni please! i'll buy you a whole pizzeria!"

"you can't afford that."

"i'll buy you a pizza every time you want pizza?" louis tries. he has been trying to convince niall for hours now, but niall won't budge.

"why can't fucking luke do it? his hair is blond too, and i know that he'd love to be your sidekick," niall states.

"luke is too big for it! besides, he lives in bradford, he won't come here to be tinkerbell for me."

"i don't get why you need me to be tinkerbell!" niall exclaims. "there are so many girls out there, why the fuck are you asking me?"

"because you're my best mate and i thought that i could rely on you," louis mumbles. he has decided to turn to guilt tripping niall, maybe that'll work.

there's a huge party in a few days. everyone is going to be wearing a costume, and louis wants to be peter pan, but he needs someone to be tinkerbell. niall was his first and best option, but niall is being difficult and louis is losing his patience.

"louis! darling! i'm home!" zayn yells in a posh voice, he kicks off his shoes, shrugs off his jacket and hurries towards the living room. "hi niall!" zayn jumps on top of niall and niall laughs.

"why are you so nice to him? if i jumped on you, i would have been dead," louis grumbles, glaring at niall.

"because zayn is nice to me," niall simply shrugs. zayn smiles and pecks niall's cheek.

"oh! harry has gone to get food with liam, they should be here soon," zayn states. "so, what are you grumpy about, lou?"

"you know that party, the one katherine is organising?" louis asks and zayn nods. "well, i want to go as peter pan, but i need a tinkerbell and niall won't be her."

"because i'm a boy! that would be embarrassing, louis! jack already makes fun of me, this would only make it worse!" niall exclaims, throwing his hands in the air.

"jack makes fun of you?" zayn immediately asks, sitting up straight.

"n-no, that's-," niall tries, but both zayn and louis give him that look, so he gives up. "yeah- but just sometimes though! as friends! he doesn't mean any bad!"

"well, i'm just going to kick jack's ass. as friends, of course," louis states. he huffs loudly, no one gets to make fun of his friends. no one but him.

"yeah, we'll have a friendly conversation with him," zayn adds and louis nods. the door opens, but the boys pay no attention.

"louis, darling! i'm home!" harry yells loudly. zayn's face lights up, while louis and niall laugh loudly. "hey, why are you laughing?"

"zayn said the exact same thing," niall explains. harry dramatically gasps and turns to zayn.

"i told you we're soulmates!" he exclaims. liam shakes his head and slaps the back of harry's head. "ouch?" harry says, rubbing his head.

"c'mere," zayn says opening his arms, and before harry can even considering walking into them, liam does it. he jumps on top of zayn and zayn just wraps his arms around liam. "aw, my son," he says, patting liam's back.

"daddy," liam says in a low voice, trying to sound somewhat sensual, he bites zayn's earlobe and zayn screams. he's holding back a chuckle.

"ew! get off! get off!" zayn yells, pushing liam away. "ew! oh my god! i feel so dirty now! what the fuck, liam?" zayn rubs his ear and liam just laughs loudly.

"what did he do?"

"he committed a sin, off with his head."

"stop lying, zayn! i did not commit a sin!"

"he sexually harassed me! harry do something!"

"i didn't!"

"you did!"

"no!" they sound like a couple of kids, trying to blame one another. louis groans loudly, while harry and niall just grin.

"yes!"

"no, i-,"

"so, food?" louis interrupts.

"right! food!" harry says, he hands louis the bags and goes to grab some plates and utensils.

"what did he bring?" niall asks, poking louis' shoulder.

"pasta."

"oh my god! i wanted pasta so bad! harry, i love you!" zayn yells. harry yells an 'i love you back' from the kitchen and zayn grins happily.

after everyone finishes eating, zayn decides to wash the dishes. he forces niall to help him and niall has no choice but to comply. he groans as he slowly walks towards the kitchen.

"why do i have to help? louis should have helped," niall complains, he dries the plates zayn hands him and piles them up.

"because i wanted to talk to you."

"about?" niall asks, raising his eyebrow.

"jack," zayn states.

"oh."

"listen ni, if he keeps giving you a hard time, you know that i'll happily have a talk with him," zayn says, voice gentle, not angry like before.

"it's nothing major, zee. he just makes stupid little comments." niall holds back information, not wanting to cause anything. he knows how angry zayn can get when you mess with any of his friends. last time he broke a boy's nose and fingers for groping louis' ass. he got into a big fight with some buff guy, who called harry the f-slur, the guy was two times bigger than zayn, but zayn still won.

"you're lying," zayn simply states.

"no, i'm-,"

"i know you inside out, niall. you're lying and i want you to tell the truth."

"fine," niall grumbles. "he punched me last week and he keeps pushing me around. he broke my phone, ripped my favourite book apart, and stole my fucking headphones. he keeps making comments about my appearance, and god it makes me so angry!" niall rants. he has been keeping it in for so long and now he finally let go of it.

zayn dries his hands on his jeans and pulls niall in his embrace. "it's alright, ni," he says, "i'll set him straight." he presses a kiss on top of niall's hair and with that he pulls away.

"don't get yourself in trouble for me."

"i won't."

"promise?"

"promise."