𝐬𝐢𝐱

"claire!" john b said, she was surprised to see him at her window.

"john b?" she asked confused.

"hey, what's wrong?" he asked seeing her teary eyes and wet cheeks.

"nothing just something happened." she said putting her broken hand on her bed frame but she cried out in pain as soon as her hand made contact with the wood.

"are you okay?" he asked.

"no, i definitely broke my hand." she sighed.

"what, why? how?" he asked.

"i punched rafe." she said, causing john b's jaw to drop, "in the face."

"dude, that's amazing." he smirked.

"not really, his face was so hard that now i have a broken hand." she sarcastically smiled.

"do you want to go to the hospital?" he asked her.

"could you drive me?" she asked.

"of course." he said and they climbed out the window. he helped her down and they walked to the van parked outside of the wall.

--

"how did this happen?" the doctor asked as he checked claire's hand that had multiple broken bones.

"um, i punched my brother." she said and the doctor glanced at john b.

"not him." she said immediately.

"okay, well im gonna wrap this. i'll be right back." he said and walked out of the small room.

"so rafe's face managed to shatter your hand? i'll make sure to never aim at his face." john b joked.

"my dads gonna flip when he finds out about that." she sighed.

"we're finding the merchant tomorrow, you coming?" john b changed the subject.

"obviously." claire said as the doctor came in and wrapped her hand before putting a brace on it to keep it stable.

"i suggest not punching your brother next time you get mad at him." the doctor pats claire on the shoulder before they leave the room.

"i'll remember that." she says.

"let's go." john b says.

--

"all right, JJ. Pin it here." John B says to JJ. They were now on pope's dads boat that they "borrowed" for their Royal Merchant hunt.

"Roger that! X marks the spot." JJ sings.

"all right, ladies and gentlemen. To going full Kook." John B says to everyone making claire grin.

"all right, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John B yells.

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest." JJ mumbles to himself as claire watches him in amusement from where she was stood next to kie. The brunette nudging her broke her from her gaze.

"One hundred feet." Kiara told her with a skeptical look and raising a brow in the blonde boys direction. claire shook her head and used the chalk in her hand to put a tally on the boat edge.

"what happened?" kie asked the blonde, looking at her hand brace.

"nothing much, i just punched rafe in the face and it completely shattered my hand." claire shrugged making everyone but john b look at her in shock, even jj who was in the cabin at the wheel. john b just looked at her proudly since he was already aware.

"you punched rafe?" jj asked.

"yeah, he did something stupid." claire said looking at pope the entire sentence. pope's eyes widened as he realized what she meant. after a few moments pope gasped catching everyone's attention.