𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

the next morning, they rushed down the dock as pope and kie pulled up on the boat.

"finally. hey!" jj yelled, gaining the two's attention.

"don't tie up." claire said and kie gave her a confused look.

"why?" she asked.

"we're dipping." jj said as he helped claire onto the boat.

"wait, why?" pope asked the same time kie asked, "what? what are you talking about?"

"what happened last night?" claire asked pope.

"we slept on the break. what's up?" he said as everyone got into the boat.

"slept, right." jj said and claire shoved his arm.

"well while you two slept, we were up all night." claire told them.

"we gotta get the hell out of here." john b said and helped sarah sit down.

"rafe knows we're here so we have to leave like right now." sarah told kie and pope.

"guys. if rafe and barry know-" claire started.

"-then it's only a matter of time before everyone knows." jj finished for her. he put his hand on her leg that was bouncing up and down because of nerves. she gave him a thankful smile before john b drove the boat away somewhere. he ended up driving to a close by point that had trees surrounding them. claire and jj helped sarah off of the boat and they started walking up the sand.

"i have an idea." sarah spoke up, everyone looked over to her, waiting for her to continue.

"with me back, my dads going to have to choose between me, claire, and rafe." sarah said and claire looked down, upset at the answer.

"he's gonna choose me." she said, "and if not me, he'll pick claire since she's in between." sarah shot claire and apologetic glance.

"sarah, listen. ward keeps lying to you." john b told his girlfriend.

"he won't agree after all that's happened." kie added.

"no, i know it sounds crazy-" sarah gets cut off.

"yeah, it does." john b said.

"i know! but he's my dad. and i know him, and i know he loves me. im just asking for two hours." sarah pleaded.

"i'll go with." claire sighed and jj immediately objected.

"like hell you are." he said.

"jj, he's my dad too." claire told him and jj gm got defensive.

"im not letting you near him." he raised his voice.

"jj. please let her go with me. i need her." sarah said and he let out a huff before pulling claire close to him. he pressed a kiss to her lips and hugged her.

"please just be careful." he said.

"i will." she said and sarah grabbed her sisters hand and they got into the boat.

"are you su-"

"yes." claire said. sarah nodded and started to drive the hms pogue away while the group watched them sadly.

they stood in silence the entire drive to the cameron property. sarah parked the boat at the end of the long dock and got off with the help of claire. they started walking forward when sarah hesitated. claire grabbed her hand and they started walking towards the house. claire saw ward getting out of his truck and sucked in a deep breath. their eyes met and his eyes looked over to her left and he gasped.